- Drug, Alcohol and Crisis Hotlines
- Crisis counselors are waiting for your call! You have the power to change your life, stop bad habits, treat addiction and seek help.
- Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Not all rehab centers are the same. A drug and alcohol rehabilitation treatment center should offer a variety of treatment programs, which may include inpatient, residential, outpatient and short-stay choices. Inpatient services are generally provided by a licensed hospital, while residential programs may not meet the same rigorous standards of medical care.
- Alcohol and Drug Education Programs
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Programs may be inpatient residential treatment centers, day or outpatient services. They may provide personal assessments for alcohol/drug abuse; coordinate comprehensive alcohol and drug education and referral programs; conduct training on alcohol and other drug issues; oversee peer education efforts for topics such as substance abuse, HIV/AIDS prevention, sexual assault and healthy eating and living; provide resource materials for the community; oversee programming efforts aimed at providing healthy alternatives to alcohol abuse.
- Psychologists may help people deal with drug and alcohol addictions, as well as underlying mental disorders such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (adhd), coping with traumatic events, depression and others.
- Psychiatric Hospitals
- Psychiatric hospitals, or psychiatric wards in general hospitals, specialize in treating mental illneses and disorders. Psychiatric hospitals offer an opportunity to get intensive treatment by doctors and trained specialists, such as nurses, occupational therapists, social workers, and psychologists
- Mental Health Centers and Services Locator
- Drug, alcohol and substance abuse problems may be results of underlying mental disorders. Millions of people suffer with various types of mental illness and mental health problems. Mental illness and psychological disorders have good treatment options with medications, psychotherapy, or other treatments.
- Psychiatrists are medical doctors who have the power to prescribe, and psychotropic medications are widely used in the field. Such medicines include antipsychotics; sedatives such as antidepressants, anxiolytics, hypnotics; and stimulants such as mood stabilizers and schizophrenia treatment drugs. Use of psychiatric drugs may correct chemical imbalances that contribute to underlying disorders.
- Child and Adolescent Guidance
- Unlike adults, adolescents in treatment have more family difficulties, are more likely to have psychological problems, and are more likely to have attempted suicide. Teens also tend to abuse multiple substances. Adolescent guidance programs for troubled teens may educate parents of troubled teens on child behavior including attention deficit disorder, add, adhd, drug abuse, teen depression, behavior modification or intervention programs.
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- According to research, marriage and family therapy is often more effective for alcoholism and drug abuse than standard or individual treatment. Marriage and Family Therapists are trained in psychotherapy and family systems, and they regularly practice short-term therapy -- 12 sessions on average.
- Social Workers
- Social workers often work hand-in-hand with the criminal justice system in dealing with alcohol and drug offenders. Social Workers and nurses may work together to provide a treatment programs for offenders, including alternative prescribing and counseling along with practical and emotional support.
Mental Health Jobs1 Substance Abuse Specialist Avondale, AZ, USA We currently seek a Substance Abuse/Mental Health Specialist for our ACT 99 team in Maricopa County, based out of our Avondale location. Community Bridges, Inc. is one of the largest providers of ...... Apply Now>>
2 SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR Elko, NV, USA We are looking for an experienced substance abuse counselor with program management experience to: Provide counseling service to clients Timely completion of client paperwork Main up to date and ...... Apply Now>>
3 Substance Abuse Disorder Counselor - Valley Behavioral Health Salt Lake City, UT, USA ... substance abuse and mental health disorders Provides positive role-modeling and teaches social/behavioral skills Tracks and maintains client data Required Qualifications Bachelor's degree Three years ...... Apply Now>>
4 Substance Abuse Counselor Intern (Burnet TX) Granite Shoals, TX, USA Reports to the substance abuse counselor II. Performs moderately complex substance abuse counseling work within the programs. Work involves planning, coordinating, and implementing substance abuse ...... Apply Now>>
5 Substance Abuse Counselor (Jasper TX) Brookeland, TX, USA Directly supervises substance abuse counselor I. Performs highly complex substance abuse counseling work within Substance Abuse Felony Punishment facility (SAFPF)/In-Prison Therapeutic Community ...... Apply Now>>
6 Psychiatric/Substance Abuse Mix - Diverse Practcie Settings - South GA Training Hospital Moultrie, GA, USA Must be comfortable with Addiction/Substance Abuse populations. * Must have active GA license or the ability to obtain. Turning Point is located in Moultrie, GA just 60 miles from the Florida state ...... Apply Now>>
7 Psychiatrists PACT & MAT, Therapists - Mental Health Fredericksburg, VA, USA Valid VA Driver's License Required • Therapists - Substance Abuse, Jail Based & Women's Services Required Qualifications: Thorough knowledge of the diagnosis and individual, family and group ...... Apply Now>>
8 Substance Abuse Counselor - Detox (Part-time) Hampden, ME, USA Description: JOB DESCRIPTION - SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR (Part-time) Detox Program Update 1/22/2020 PM19 Are you a licensed counselor for substance use disorder who thrives in a fast-moving ...... Apply Now>>
9 Substance Abuse Counselor - Detox Center Hampden, ME, USA PM19 JOB DESCRIPTION - SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR Detox Program Update 1/22/2020 Are you a licensed counselor for substance use disorder who thrives in a fast-moving environment? You might be a great ...... Apply Now>>
10 Senior Therapist - Substance Abuse Outpatient Program Alexandria, VA, USA Senior Therapist Substance Abuse Outpatient Program The City of Alexandria is located in northern Virginia and is bordered by the District of Columbia (Potomac River), Arlington and Fairfax counties... Apply Now>>
11 Substance Abuse Counselors Greenville, SC, USA PAVILLON, a private, residential treatment facility for adults recovering from substance abuse seeks full-time Counselor for our Women's Primary Care Program. Requires at least three years of ...... Apply Now>>
12 Substance Abuse Counselor Hilo, HI, USA We are seeking a Substance Abuse Counselor to join our team! You will be responsible for implementing effective treatment plans to clients in an individual or group setting. Responsibilities... Apply Now>>
13 Substance Abuse Counselor Tempe, AZ, USA Position Summary: Provide therapy to assigned clients as families as outlined by the Child and Family Teams. 1. Essential Functions (duties): * Provide comprehensive assessment, diagnostic and ...... Apply Now>>
14 Substance Abuse Counselor (Telehealth) Mesa, AZ, USA PT Substance Abuse Counselor Location: Mesa, AZ Schedule: Flexible Substance abuse counselor will be in charge with assisting patients through medically assisting treatments and offering techniques ...... Apply Now>>
15 Substance Use Clinician Gainesville, FL, USA Licensed preferred in a field related to substance abuse and or mental health Essential Duties/Responsibilities: 1. Must be able to perform clinical assessments that include assessment of symptoms ...... Apply Now>>
16 Substance Abuse Prevention Specialist Pasadena, CA, USA Provide substance abuse training and consultation to youth service organizations and school systems * Plan and design programs in response to needs of requesting schools and organizations in ...... Apply Now>>
17 Substance Abuse Counselor Bilingual Spanish Santa Fe Springs, CA, USA Performs substance abuse screens, intakes and clinical assessments. * Performs person-centered treatment planning for persons with substance use disorders and co-occurring disorders, including ...... Apply Now>>
18 Substance Abuse Counselor, Master's Degree Ocala, FL, USA Experience in substance abuse field is not required, but preferred * Qualified candidates will have a Master's degree in a Human Services related field * Experience Required: * Minimum of 500 hours ...... Apply Now>>
19 Residential Group Therapist (Part-time) NEW RATES Grove City, OH, USA Working closely with the clinical team, conducts therapeutic group counseling, social skills groups, mental health groups, and substance abuse groups using a trauma-informed and compassionate ...... Apply Now>>
20 Substance Abuse Counselor Kent, OH, USA SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR - FT Qualifications: Applicants must possess current licensure with the Ohio CSWMFT Board or Ohio CDP Board. Responsibilities: We desire applicants who want to work in a ...... Apply Now>>
21 SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR II Saint Louis, MO, USA As Illinois' largest provider of substance abuse treatment, joining the team at Gateway Foundation Alcohol & Drug Treatment offers valuable experience with a variety of treatment methods as well as ...... Apply Now>>
22 Child Therapist - Intensive Home-Based Treatment (NEW RATES and $2,500 New Hire Bonus) Columbus, OH, USA ... and substance abuse (AOD) treatment $2,500 new hire bonus details: $1,000 following three months of employment; $1000 at six-months of employment; and $500 upon completion of nine-months of ...... Apply Now>>
23 Bilingual Substance Abuse Clinician Hempstead, NY, USA Substance/Alcohol Abuse & Mental Health experience * Working with multicultural populations * Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English * Familiarity with NYS/OASAS 822 ...... Apply Now>>
24 Substance Abuse Counselor Brooksville, FL, USA We presently need someone for substance abuse counseling and mental health. Position Description: The primary responsibilities will include providing group counseling, individual sessions, and intake ...... Apply Now>>
25 Substance Abuse Counselor and Counselor III Crownsville, MD, USA Substance Abuse Counselor: This individual is capable of performing independent work in the therapeutic care, treatment and rehabilitation of persons within the program. This individual plans and ...... Apply Now>>
26 Ujima Therapist (190318) Madison, WI, USA Licensure as a Substance Abuse Counselor in Training, Clinical Substance Abuse Counselor or Substance Abuse Counselor. RESPONSIBILITIES: A. Provision of Clinical Services * Performs accurate ...... Apply Now>>
27 Substance Abuse Counselor Frenchburg, KY, USA Your Responsibilities as a Substance Abuse Counselor: * Conduct individual counseling sessions, under supervision, as scheduled and documents as required; * Conduct group and/or family sessions ...... Apply Now>>
28 Licensed Therapist Tallahassee, FL, USA Demonstrates knowledge about substance abuse, dependence, and other addictive behaviors and their treatment. Demonstrates ability to screen for psychoactive substance toxicity, intoxication ...... Apply Now>>
29 Substance Abuse Technician-Part Time & Full Time San Antonio, TX, USA Substance abuse treatment center in San Antonio is seeking a Rehabilitation Technician for multiple shifts (Part-Time and Full-Time). A successful candidate must possess integrity, positive energy ...... Apply Now>>
30 Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor Clifton, NJ, USA Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LCADC) * 5+ years' experience with mental health and substance abuse Company Description SERV Behavioral Health System, Inc. is a private statewide ...... Apply Now>>
31 Social Worker/Substance Abuse Counselor New London, CT, USA Our Client is seeking a Substance Abuse Counselor in New London County. SUMMARY OF CLIENT'S DESCRIPTION OF THIS OPPORTUNITY * Conduct appointments for counseling, treatment planning, and care team ...... Apply Now>>
32 Substance Abuse Counselor Perry Hall, MD, USA We are currently seeking a full-time substance abuse counselor for our expanding addiction treatment facility located in Dundalk, Maryland. This is a great opportunity for an experienced and creative ...... Apply Now>>
33 Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) Rochester, NY, USA Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) $47,900 35 Hours Per Week Full Benefits Offered The right candidate will possess the following: 1) A minimum of 5 years ' working as a ...... Apply Now>>
34 Substance Abuse Counselor Decatur, GA, USA We are currently seeking a full-time Substance Abuse Counselor to provide therapeutic addiction counseling services to adults who require structure and support to achieve and sustain recovery from ...... Apply Now>>
35 Therapist Oconomowoc, WI, USA If working with the addictions population, WI substance abuse license (SAC-IT, SAC, CSAC). * 2 years working in a behavioral health clinical setting. To apply please visit our Career Center on the ...... Apply Now>>
36 Substance Abuse Counselor Sonoma, CA, USA The Substance Abuse Counselor is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the HBC Substance/Vaping Program. They will work directly with the Chief Clinical Officer to define, modify and implement ...... Apply Now>>
37 Substance Abuse Therapist Baltimore, MD, USA We are seeking You , to serve as our SUBSTANCE ABUSE THERAPIST. Are you the ONE that can make a difference in the lives of children, teens, families and the community? If so, this is the job for you ...... Apply Now>>
38 Substance Abuse Counselor Los Angeles, CA, USA Carlos Lopez & Associates LLC is currently seeking a HUD-VASH Substance Abuse Counselor to provide ongoing substance use case management and early treatment interventions to promote sustained ...... Apply Now>>
39 Substance Abuse Counselor Marysville, OH, USA Freedom Recovery offers faith-based, 12 step addiction treatment (OP & IOP) services. We are seeking a Licensed Counselor who is capable of handling Clinical responsibilities such as facilitating ...... Apply Now>>
40 Substance Abuse Counselor Putnam, CT, USA Substance Abuse Counselor EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full time SCHEDULED HOURS: 40 hours 5:30am- 2pm M-F PROGRAM: Pathways OTP Putnam SITE LOCATION: Putnam, CT PC#: 1496 OBJECTIVE OF POSITION: To provide full ...... Apply Now>>