- Drug, Alcohol and Crisis Hotlines
- Crisis counselors are waiting for your call! You have the power to change your life, stop bad habits, treat addiction and seek help.
- Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Not all rehab centers are the same. A drug and alcohol rehabilitation treatment center should offer a variety of treatment programs, which may include inpatient, residential, outpatient and short-stay choices. Inpatient services are generally provided by a licensed hospital, while residential programs may not meet the same rigorous standards of medical care.
- Alcohol and Drug Education Programs
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Programs may be inpatient residential treatment centers, day or outpatient services. They may provide personal assessments for alcohol/drug abuse; coordinate comprehensive alcohol and drug education and referral programs; conduct training on alcohol and other drug issues; oversee peer education efforts for topics such as substance abuse, HIV/AIDS prevention, sexual assault and healthy eating and living; provide resource materials for the community; oversee programming efforts aimed at providing healthy alternatives to alcohol abuse.
- Psychologists may help people deal with drug and alcohol addictions, as well as underlying mental disorders such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (adhd), coping with traumatic events, depression and others.
- Psychiatric Hospitals
- Psychiatric hospitals, or psychiatric wards in general hospitals, specialize in treating mental illneses and disorders. Psychiatric hospitals offer an opportunity to get intensive treatment by doctors and trained specialists, such as nurses, occupational therapists, social workers, and psychologists
- Mental Health Centers and Services Locator
- Drug, alcohol and substance abuse problems may be results of underlying mental disorders. Millions of people suffer with various types of mental illness and mental health problems. Mental illness and psychological disorders have good treatment options with medications, psychotherapy, or other treatments.
- Psychiatrists are medical doctors who have the power to prescribe, and psychotropic medications are widely used in the field. Such medicines include antipsychotics; sedatives such as antidepressants, anxiolytics, hypnotics; and stimulants such as mood stabilizers and schizophrenia treatment drugs. Use of psychiatric drugs may correct chemical imbalances that contribute to underlying disorders.
- Child and Adolescent Guidance
- Unlike adults, adolescents in treatment have more family difficulties, are more likely to have psychological problems, and are more likely to have attempted suicide. Teens also tend to abuse multiple substances. Adolescent guidance programs for troubled teens may educate parents of troubled teens on child behavior including attention deficit disorder, add, adhd, drug abuse, teen depression, behavior modification or intervention programs.
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- According to research, marriage and family therapy is often more effective for alcoholism and drug abuse than standard or individual treatment. Marriage and Family Therapists are trained in psychotherapy and family systems, and they regularly practice short-term therapy -- 12 sessions on average.
- Social Workers
- Social workers often work hand-in-hand with the criminal justice system in dealing with alcohol and drug offenders. Social Workers and nurses may work together to provide a treatment programs for offenders, including alternative prescribing and counseling along with practical and emotional support.
Mental Health Jobs1 Substance Abuse Counselor Marianna, United States Substance Abuse Counselor We are looking for a counselor who wants to make a difference in the lives of our clients. Counselor duties include providing substance abuse treatment including psycho ...... Apply Now>>
2 Substance Abuse Treatment Provider Albany, NY, USA A substance abuse treatment provider located in Albany, New York, is currently seeking a Full Time Medical Doctor/Director. Hope House operates and adult male intensive residential program, three ...... Apply Now>>
3 Substance Abuse Counselor Topeka, KS, USA As a Substance Abuse Counselor at Kansas Juvenile Correction Complex you will: * Provide direct clinical services to the inmates of the Substance Abuse Treatment program as a "primary counselor" in ...... Apply Now>>
4 Substance Abuse Counselor Coachella, CA, USA Substance Abuse Counselor Clinicas De Salud Del Pueblo, Inc. - Coachella, CA 92236 DEPARTMENT: BEHAVIORAL HEALTH /MEDICAL JOB TITLE: SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR REPORT TO: DIRECTOR OF BEHAVIORAL HEALTH ...... Apply Now>>
5 Substance Abuse Counsellor Dayton, United States Directly supervises substance abuse counselor l. Performs highly complex substance abuse counseling work within Substance Abuse Felony Punishment facility (SAFPF)/lnPrison Therapeutic Community (IPTC ...... Apply Now>>
6 Substance Abuse / Addiction Counselors Spartanburg, SC, USA PAVILLON, a private, residential treatment facility for adults recovering from substance abuse seeks 2 full-time Counselors for our Men and Women's Primary Care Program. Requires at least three years ...... Apply Now>>
7 Substance Abuse Counselor Hollywood, CA, USA All's Well Healthcare Services is in need of an Substance Abuse Counselor for a Full Time position in the city of Hollywood, CA at a small ALL Women's Recovery Center. Pay: 18-20 per hour DOE ...... Apply Now>>
8 Certified Substance Abuse Counselors : RELOCATION Santa Clara, CA, USA Amity Foundation , an internationally acclaimed teaching and therapeutic community is seeking compassionate and enthusiastic individuals with substance abuse counseling experience and a desire to ...... Apply Now>>
9 SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR Dundalk, MD, USA We are currently seeking a full-time substance abuse counselor for our expanding addiction treatment facility located in Dundalk, Maryland. This is a great opportunity for an experienced and creative ...... Apply Now>>
10 Substance Abuse Counselor - Addiction Counselor Monroe, MI, USA We are seeking a MASTER LEVEL Substance Abuse Counselor to join our team! You will be responsible for implementing effective treatment plans to clients in an individual or group setting... Apply Now>>
11 Substance Abuse Counsellor Jasper, United States Reports to the substance abuse counselor II. Performs moderately complex substance abuse counseling work within Substance Abuse Felony Punishment facility (SAFPF)/In-Prison Therapeutic Community ...... Apply Now>>
12 Substance Abuse Therapist Baltimore, MD, USA We are seeking You , to serve as our SUBSTANCE ABUSE THERAPIST. Are you the ONE that can make a difference in the lives of children, teens, families and the community? If so, this is the job for you ...... Apply Now>>
13 Substance Abuse Counselor Los Angeles, CA, USA Carlos Lopez & Associates LLC is currently seeking a HUD-VASH Substance Abuse Counselor to provide ongoing substance use case management and early treatment interventions to promote sustained ...... Apply Now>>
14 Substance Abuse Counselor Putnam, CT, USA Substance Abuse Counselor EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full time SCHEDULED HOURS: 40 hours 5:30am- 2pm M-F PROGRAM: Pathways OTP Putnam SITE LOCATION: Putnam, CT PC#: 1496 OBJECTIVE OF POSITION: To provide full ...... Apply Now>>
15 Substance Abuse Counselor - Detox Center Hampden, United States PM19 JOB DESCRIPTION - SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR Detox Program Update 1/22/2020 Are you a licensed counselor for substance use disorder who thrives in a fast-moving environment? You might be a great ...... Apply Now>>
16 Bilingual Substance Abuse Clinician Hempstead, NY, USA Substance/Alcohol Abuse & Mental Health experience * Working with multicultural populations * Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English * Familiarity with NYS/OASAS 822 ...... Apply Now>>
17 Substance Abuse Outreach Liaison Miami, FL, USA Develop and maintain positive relationships with key referral sources, including hospitals, unions, employee assistance programs, other substance abuse providers, private practitioners, courts, law ...... Apply Now>>
18 Substance Abuse Counselor Supervisor, CADC-II /CAC / MAC Required Fort Oglethorpe, GA, USA Reports patient abuse, neglect and exploitation as required. * Assists in monitoring all patient activities on center premises. * Actively participates in community relations activities as directed ...... Apply Now>>
19 Community Support Team: Certified Substance Abuse Counselor Wilmington, NC, USA We are looking for a Substance Abuse Specialist possesses knowledge and is able to apply substance use/abuse treatment to a diverse population and has the capacity and knowledge to work with a ...... Apply Now>>
20 Substance Abuse Counselor Pikeville, TN, USA Provides direct clinical services to the patients of the Substance Abuse Treatment program as a primary counselor. * As primary counselor, completes in a timely manner: * Initial Assessment * Group ...... Apply Now>>
21 Substance Abuse Technician San Antonio, TX, USA Substance abuse treatment center in San Antonio is seeking a Rehabilitation Technician for multiple shifts. A successful candidate must possess integrity, positive energy, flexibility, and a ...... Apply Now>>
22 Substance Abuse Counselor Palatka, FL, USA We presently need someone for substance abuse counseling and mental health. Position Description: The primary responsibilities will include providing group counseling, individual sessions, and intake ...... Apply Now>>
23 Substance Abuse Counselor, Bachelor's Degree and LSAA License Required Albuquerque, NM, USA Experience in substance abuse field is not required, but preferred. * Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor's degree in a Human Services related field * Qualified candidates must also hold a LSAA ...... Apply Now>>
24 Substance Abuse Counselor Edison, NJ, USA ... substance abuse; provide information on prevention activities on and off center. 3. Work with new students for testing, assessment and development of assistance and retention plans during the 45 day ...... Apply Now>>
25 Substance Abuse Counselor Battle Creek, MI, USA S. Addiction Services is a progressive provider and leader in the field of substance abuse treatment that continues to seek effective and efficient ways to treat the proliferation of alcohol and ...... Apply Now>>
26 Substance Abuse Clinician - LAC, LPC, LCSW, LMSW Mount Cobb, United States The Substance Abuse Clinician is responsible for assessing and providing treatment to individuals struggling with addiction issues and, when recommended, their significant others. The role of the ...... Apply Now>>
27 Substance Abuse Counselor Rapid City, SD, USA Are you an Alcohol and Drug Counselor or Substance Abuse Counselor looking for a new opportunity? The Right Solution, Inc. is looking for a great therapist to join our team! This is a very unique and ...... Apply Now>>
28 Substance Abuse Counselor Long Beach, CA, USA Substance Abuse Counselors work with people who suffer from alcoholism, drug addiction, or other behavioral problems. They help people to explore feelings about their lives so that they can reflect ...... Apply Now>>
29 Certified Substance Abuse Counselor Richmond, VA, USA The Substance Abuse Counselor/Case Manager is responsible for providing all treatment services for Substance Abuse Program clients including completion of paperwork and charting. Develop ...... Apply Now>>
30 Substance Abuse Counselor Santa Rosa, CA, USA We are seeking a California Credentialed Substance Abuse Counselor to serve our residents with co-occurring disorders (Severe Mental Illness and Substance Abuse) Experience with this population and ...... Apply Now>>
31 Addiction Counselor Frederick, United States A basic knowledge of substance abuse and dual diagnosis is essential. The individual is responsible for ensuring that clinical and administrative services are provided for patients and their families... Apply Now>>
32 Substance Abuse Counselor, SUDC, ASUDC South Ogden, UT, USA Position: Full Time w/ benefits JOB SUMMARY The Substance Abuse Disorder Counselor (SUDC) works with patients upon admission and discharge from the Center, and will meet individually with patients ...... Apply Now>>
33 Part Time Substance Abuse Counselor and Mental Health Counselor Manahawkin, NJ, USA Part Time Substance Abuse Counselor/Therapist and Mental Health Counselor/Therapist Daytop Village of NJ, Inc. an organization dedicated to providing exceptional and affordable treatment to ...... Apply Now>>
34 Substance Abuse Outreach Liaison Arlington, TX, USA Develop and maintain positive relationships with key referral sources, including hospitals, unions, employee assistance programs, other substance abuse providers, private practitioners, courts, law ...... Apply Now>>
35 Substance Abuse Counselor Gruver, IA, USA The youth stay with us an average of 6-9 months and while here receive therapy, substance abuse counseling, behavioral health services, and daily role modeling. The main goal is to provide them with ...... Apply Now>>
36 Certified or Registered Substance Abuse Counselor Los Angeles, CA, USA Counsel both youths and adults that have substance abuse problems. * Responsible for a case load and providing their clients with quality service * Direct individual sessions and administer crisis ...... Apply Now>>
37 Substance Abuse Counselor Pomona, CA, USA Performs substance abuse screens, intakes and clinical assessments. * Performs person-centered treatment planning for persons with substance use disorders and co-occurring disorders, including ...... Apply Now>>
38 RESIDENTIAL (CADC, LPC or LSW) SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR - CASEYVILLE, Caseyville, IL, USA As Illinois' largest provider of substance abuse treatment, joining the team at Gateway Foundation Alcohol & Drug Treatment offers valuable experience with a variety of treatment methods as well as ...... Apply Now>>
39 Substance Abuse Counselor (NIGHT SHIFT) Orange, CA, USA Must be registered/certified substance abuse counselor. Company Description Social Model Recovery Systems (a non-profit 501(c)3 California corporation) provides direct treatment services (at 12 ...... Apply Now>>
40 Director, Substance Abuse Los Angeles, CA, USA Working knowledge of directing and managing multiple programs in adult and family mental health and/or substance abuse services in a non-profit social service/mental health/substance abuse ...... Apply Now>>