- Drug, Alcohol and Crisis Hotlines
- Crisis counselors are waiting for your call! You have the power to change your life, stop bad habits, treat addiction and seek help.
- Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Not all rehab centers are the same. A drug and alcohol rehabilitation treatment center should offer a variety of treatment programs, which may include inpatient, residential, outpatient and short-stay choices. Inpatient services are generally provided by a licensed hospital, while residential programs may not meet the same rigorous standards of medical care.
- Alcohol and Drug Education Programs
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Programs may be inpatient residential treatment centers, day or outpatient services. They may provide personal assessments for alcohol/drug abuse; coordinate comprehensive alcohol and drug education and referral programs; conduct training on alcohol and other drug issues; oversee peer education efforts for topics such as substance abuse, HIV/AIDS prevention, sexual assault and healthy eating and living; provide resource materials for the community; oversee programming efforts aimed at providing healthy alternatives to alcohol abuse.
- Psychologists may help people deal with drug and alcohol addictions, as well as underlying mental disorders such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (adhd), coping with traumatic events, depression and others.
- Psychiatric Hospitals
- Psychiatric hospitals, or psychiatric wards in general hospitals, specialize in treating mental illneses and disorders. Psychiatric hospitals offer an opportunity to get intensive treatment by doctors and trained specialists, such as nurses, occupational therapists, social workers, and psychologists
- Mental Health Centers and Services Locator
- Drug, alcohol and substance abuse problems may be results of underlying mental disorders. Millions of people suffer with various types of mental illness and mental health problems. Mental illness and psychological disorders have good treatment options with medications, psychotherapy, or other treatments.
- Psychiatrists are medical doctors who have the power to prescribe, and psychotropic medications are widely used in the field. Such medicines include antipsychotics; sedatives such as antidepressants, anxiolytics, hypnotics; and stimulants such as mood stabilizers and schizophrenia treatment drugs. Use of psychiatric drugs may correct chemical imbalances that contribute to underlying disorders.
- Child and Adolescent Guidance
- Unlike adults, adolescents in treatment have more family difficulties, are more likely to have psychological problems, and are more likely to have attempted suicide. Teens also tend to abuse multiple substances. Adolescent guidance programs for troubled teens may educate parents of troubled teens on child behavior including attention deficit disorder, add, adhd, drug abuse, teen depression, behavior modification or intervention programs.
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- According to research, marriage and family therapy is often more effective for alcoholism and drug abuse than standard or individual treatment. Marriage and Family Therapists are trained in psychotherapy and family systems, and they regularly practice short-term therapy -- 12 sessions on average.
- Social Workers
- Social workers often work hand-in-hand with the criminal justice system in dealing with alcohol and drug offenders. Social Workers and nurses may work together to provide a treatment programs for offenders, including alternative prescribing and counseling along with practical and emotional support.
Mental Health Jobs1 Substance Abuse Counselor Emlenton, PA, USA The Davis Archway Treatment Center will provide multiple substance abuse treatment levels of care, including detoxification services, short term, and long term residential. Built from the ground up ...... Apply Now>>
2 Substance Abuse Counselor Escondido, CA, USA Substance abuse counselors provide support to clients who are experiencing homelessness, have alcohol and/or drug addictions, mental health, and social/legal/economic barriers. Substance abuse ...... Apply Now>>
3 Licensed Addiction Counselor - Substance Abuse Therapist Denver, CO, USA Offer assistance to individuals with substance abuse issues *Provide prevention-oriented therapy *Implement and review treatment plans *Collaborate with additional treatment providers and placement ...... Apply Now>>
4 Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor - Residential Treatment Hendersonville, NC, USA PAVILLON, a private, residential treatment facility for adults recovering from substance abuse seeks full-time Counselor for our Primary Care Program. Requires at least three years of experience in ...... Apply Now>>
5 Future Opening: Substance Abuse Counselor/Therapist - 944145 Fort Wayne, IN, USA Team is seeking a dynamic individual to join our team as a Substance Abuse Counselor/TherapistÂ ensures that therapeutic interventions are provided to children, adolescents, adults, and their ...... Apply Now>>
6 Substance Abuse Counselor 28547, NC, USA Currently recruiting a Substance Abuse Counselor / Certified Addictions Counselor to work in the Behavioral Health Clinic or sub-clinics (SARP, Deployment Wellness) at Naval Medical Center Camp ...... Apply Now>>
7 Substance Abuse Counselor - $2,500 Sign On Bonus Waterville, ME, USA The Substance Abuse Counselor is instrumental in our patient's treatment and recovery from opioid use disorder. Substance Abuse Counselors provide high quality, compassionate care through various ...... Apply Now>>
8 Substance Abuse Counselor (AOD, CADAC) San Diego, CA, USA Douglas Young Youth & Family Services (Kearny Mesa) Substance Abuse Specialist (Temporary) - Mental Health Services for Children, Youth and Family Program Hours : 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday... Apply Now>>
9 Substance Abuse Counselor - $3,000 Sign On Bonus Boston, MA, USA The Substance Abuse Counselor is instrumental in our patient's treatment and recovery from opioid use disorder. Substance Abuse Counselors provide high quality, compassionate care through various ...... Apply Now>>
10 Certified Substance Abuse Counselor Oak Harbor, WA, USA Oak Harbor, WA, USA Full Time Certified Substance Abuse Counselor job in Whidbey Island, Washington. The job is a civilian position within the extensive military medical system. Civilian and military ...... Apply Now>>
11 Recovery Technician - Substance Abuse Treatment Center Hendersonville, NC, USA Prefer one year full-time, wage-earning experience in substance abuse treatment or substance abuse education Experience Requirement : Prefer one year experience in the substance use disorder field ...... Apply Now>>
12 Substance Abuse Counselor Dundalk, MD, USA We are currently seeking a full-time substance abuse counselor for our expanding addiction treatment facility located in Dundalk, Maryland. This is a great opportunity for an experienced and creative ...... Apply Now>>
13 Director of Substance Abuse Counseling Brick, NJ, USA The Director of Substance Abuse Counseling will be responsible for ensuring that clinical and administrative services are provided to all patients. This Director will also be tasked with providing ...... Apply Now>>
14 Certified Substance Abuse Counselor Richmond, VA, USA We are seeking a Certified Substance Abuse Counselor to join our team in our Emporia, VA location! You will be responsible for implementing effective treatment plans to clients in an individual or ...... Apply Now>>
15 Substance Abuse Specialist Clearfield, UT, USA Description Clearfield Job Corps Center is looking for a full-time Substance Abuse Counselor to work in our Wellness Services Department . Licensing Requirements : Requires a valid unrestricted Utah ...... Apply Now>>
16 Substance Abuse Therapist Scottsdale, AZ, USA We are seeking a Substance Abuse Therapist to join our team! This position is responsible for implementing effective treatment plans, and facilitating individual and group sessions. Responsibilities... Apply Now>>
17 Substance Abuse Counselor Parkersburg, WV, USA At Clean & Clear Advantage, we are seeking a qualified applicant for the full time position of Substance Abuse Counselor Qualifications * Master's degree in social work (MSW) or MA in a related field... Apply Now>>
18 Substance Abuse Counselor Greensburg, PA, USA Allied Addiction Recovery, LLC (AAR) is a DDAP-licensed Substance Abuse treatment facility with locations in downtown Pittsburgh, Plum, Greensburg, Charleroi and Washington, PA. We are currently ...... Apply Now>>
19 Substance Abuse Counselor Washington, PA, USA Allied Addiction Recovery, LLC (AAR) is a DDAP-licensed Substance Abuse treatment facility with locations in downtown Pittsburgh, Plum, Greensburg, Charleroi and Washington, PA. We are currently ...... Apply Now>>
20 SUBSTANCE ABUSE SPECIALIST Baltimore, MD, USA The Substance Abuse Specialist is responsible for overseeing our OP and IOP programs, which assist clients working on recovery from addictions and related behavioral issues. This individual will ...... Apply Now>>
21 IOP Substance Abuse Counselor (LMHP-E or LMHP-R)- Hopewell Hopewell, VA, USA However, LMHP-R or LMHP-E with a minimum of 1 year substance abuse experience is required. Second Chances Comprehensive Services (SCCS) is a progressive, innovative and growing company, that strives ...... Apply Now>>
22 RN Substance Abuse New York, NY, USA Here at Pride health we currently are hiring for a Registered Nurse to work in a substance abuse, health, and mental treatments and prevention facility to join our team! You will be responsible for ...... Apply Now>>
23 Substance Abuse Counselor Baltimore, MD, USA The Substance Counselor/Counselor Trainee provides support to the P.H.P., I.O.P.,and O.P. Program at Therapeutic Wellness Services Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Must ...... Apply Now>>
24 Substance Abuse Counselor Chicago, IL, USA Substance Abuse Counselor Facilitates and monitors physical and emotional health status of adult patients being treated for substance use and/or mental health issues. Provides appropriate referral ...... Apply Now>>
25 LCSW - Mental Health / Substance Abuse Winter Park, FL, USA We are seeking an LCSW - Mental Health / Substance Abuse to join our team! This is an In-home counseling position with Dept of Juvenile Justice involved youth and families. We are hiring for a ...... Apply Now>>
26 Substance Abuse Counselor Greenville, SC, USA Position Summary The Counselor will work as part of a team to ensure quality substance abuse treatment is provided to all patients in accordance with federal, state, & local laws & regulations. The ...... Apply Now>>
27 Substance Abuse Counselor Clinton, IL, USA Bachelor's degree (or higher) and prior substance abuse treatment experience preferred. Will consider relevant internship experience in lieu of paid employment. Certification, Licensure ...... Apply Now>>
28 Substance Abuse Counselor Los Angeles, CA, USA ... substance abuse, candidate must have two years of continuous sobriety and knowledge of self-help (AA, NA, CA) community resources and charting resident files.... Apply Now>>
29 Counselor - Substance Abuse Riverside, CA, USA QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Must be registered by a state approved credentialing organization with a RADT or equivalent. . 2. Knowledge of the requirements for providing the type of alcoholism or drug abuse ...... Apply Now>>
30 Substance Abuse Counselor Hemet, CA, USA Experience and training in crisis intervention and drug abuse * Thorough knowledge of addictions, dual diagnosis, and 12-step programs treatment planning * Knowledge of chemical dependency signs ...... Apply Now>>
31 Spv-Substance Abuse Gloversville, NY, USA We Are Hiring Spv-Substance Abuse - BH Addiction Svcs OP 002 - Full-Time, Day - Montgomery County Addictions Svcs, Memorial Campus - Amsterdam, NY Why Join Ascension? St. Mary's Healthcare, based in ...... Apply Now>>
32 Substance Abuse Counselor San Francisco, CA, USA We are seeking a dynamic and passionate female Substance Abuse Counselor to join our clinical team. This position holds the responsibility to provide evidence-based alcohol and drug assessments ...... Apply Now>>
33 Substance Abuse Counselor - OrderID: 1087869 New York, NY, USA Run substance abuse groups and work with a multidisciplinary team including MD, RN, LPN, CASAC and CSW. Provide emergency first aid/CPR assistance when needed. Related duties as assigned... Apply Now>>
34 Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Manager San Jose, CA, USA Minimum one year substance abuse rehab employment experience. * Must possess knowledge of chemical dependency, substance abuse, and personality dynamics of the substance abuser. * Ability to work ...... Apply Now>>
35 Substance Abuse Counselor and Counselor III Crownsville, MD, USA Substance Abuse Counselor: This individual is capable of performing independent work in the therapeutic care, treatment and rehabilitation of persons within the program. This individual plans and ...... Apply Now>>
36 SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR Elko, NV, USA VITALITY UNLIMITED, HEADQUARTERED IN ELKO, NEVADA IS CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELORS ABLE TO LICENSE IN THE STATE OF NEVADA FOR BOTH OUR ELKO FACILITIES AND OUR CARSON CITY ...... Apply Now>>
37 LPN Substance Abuse New York, NY, USA Are you an experienced License Practical Nurse who resides in New York interested in a full time opportunity with a well known facility in Queens, NY Schedule: Asap Start date & 8-hour day day ...... Apply Now>>
38 Counselor, Substance Abuse & Mental Health Danbury, CT, USA Company Description Connecticut Counseling Centers, Inc. is a not-for-profit corporation that provides a full range of licensed outpatient substance abuse and mental health prevention, education, and ...... Apply Now>>
39 Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor Clifton, NJ, USA Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LCADC) * 5+ years' experience with mental health and substance abuse Company Description SERV Behavioral Health System, Inc. is a private statewide ...... Apply Now>>
40 Substance Abuse Technician-Part Time & Full Time San Antonio, TX, USA Substance abuse treatment center in San Antonio is seeking a Rehabilitation Technician for multiple shifts (Part-Time and Full-Time). A successful candidate must possess integrity, positive energy ...... Apply Now>>