- Drug, Alcohol and Crisis Hotlines
- Crisis counselors are waiting for your call! You have the power to change your life, stop bad habits, treat addiction and seek help.
- Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Not all rehab centers are the same. A drug and alcohol rehabilitation treatment center should offer a variety of treatment programs, which may include inpatient, residential, outpatient and short-stay choices. Inpatient services are generally provided by a licensed hospital, while residential programs may not meet the same rigorous standards of medical care.
- Alcohol and Drug Education Programs
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Programs may be inpatient residential treatment centers, day or outpatient services. They may provide personal assessments for alcohol/drug abuse; coordinate comprehensive alcohol and drug education and referral programs; conduct training on alcohol and other drug issues; oversee peer education efforts for topics such as substance abuse, HIV/AIDS prevention, sexual assault and healthy eating and living; provide resource materials for the community; oversee programming efforts aimed at providing healthy alternatives to alcohol abuse.
- Psychologists may help people deal with drug and alcohol addictions, as well as underlying mental disorders such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (adhd), coping with traumatic events, depression and others.
- Psychiatric Hospitals
- Psychiatric hospitals, or psychiatric wards in general hospitals, specialize in treating mental illneses and disorders. Psychiatric hospitals offer an opportunity to get intensive treatment by doctors and trained specialists, such as nurses, occupational therapists, social workers, and psychologists
- Mental Health Centers and Services Locator
- Drug, alcohol and substance abuse problems may be results of underlying mental disorders. Millions of people suffer with various types of mental illness and mental health problems. Mental illness and psychological disorders have good treatment options with medications, psychotherapy, or other treatments.
- Psychiatrists are medical doctors who have the power to prescribe, and psychotropic medications are widely used in the field. Such medicines include antipsychotics; sedatives such as antidepressants, anxiolytics, hypnotics; and stimulants such as mood stabilizers and schizophrenia treatment drugs. Use of psychiatric drugs may correct chemical imbalances that contribute to underlying disorders.
- Child and Adolescent Guidance
- Unlike adults, adolescents in treatment have more family difficulties, are more likely to have psychological problems, and are more likely to have attempted suicide. Teens also tend to abuse multiple substances. Adolescent guidance programs for troubled teens may educate parents of troubled teens on child behavior including attention deficit disorder, add, adhd, drug abuse, teen depression, behavior modification or intervention programs.
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- According to research, marriage and family therapy is often more effective for alcoholism and drug abuse than standard or individual treatment. Marriage and Family Therapists are trained in psychotherapy and family systems, and they regularly practice short-term therapy -- 12 sessions on average.
- Social Workers
- Social workers often work hand-in-hand with the criminal justice system in dealing with alcohol and drug offenders. Social Workers and nurses may work together to provide a treatment programs for offenders, including alternative prescribing and counseling along with practical and emotional support.
Mental Health Jobs1 Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor LCAC, LMAC, LAC Topeka, KS, USA Provides direct clinical services to the inmates of the Substance Abuse Treatment program as a primary counselor * Completes Initial assessment, Group and individual counseling, Discharge summaries... Apply Now>>
2 Substance Abuse Counselor Hornbeak, TN, USA Discharge summaries 3. Conducts psycho-educational modules for program participants. 4. Evaluates inmates referred for substance abuse treatment services to determine the appropriate level of ...... Apply Now>>
3 Substance Abuse Therapist us Job Type: Full-time How many years of Substance Abuse Counseling experience do you have?Do you have the following license or certification: LCSW, LMHC, LMFT.?What is the highest level of education ...... Apply Now>>
4 Substance Abuse Counselor us Counseling Associates is currently recruiting full-time and part-time Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor's to join our committed team of Substance Abuse professionals at our Newport, Upper Valley ...... Apply Now>>
5 Program Facilitator - Substance Abuse (105481) Eden, TX, USA CoreCivic is currently seeking Program Facilitators - Substance Abuse who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. The Program Facilitator conducts various ...... Apply Now>>
6 PRN Mental Health and Substance Abuse Counselors us We work exclusively with Mental Health and Substance Abuse Counselors and Programs. COC Counselors provide support to group homes, residential treatment centers, hospitals, substance abuse agencies ...... Apply Now>>
7 Senior Substance Abuse Counselor Martindale, United States Directly supervises the substance abuse counselor I & II's. Work involves planning, coordinating and implementing substance abuse counseling activities and coordinating with other departments to ...... Apply Now>>
8 Substance Abuse Counselor/ Trainee us Under general supervision, provides education and counseling on chemical dependency, co-occurring disorders and relapse prevention to program participaants and their families if needed. Conduct group ...... Apply Now>>
9 Clinical Supervisor, Substance Abuse Stabilization us Minimum of two years of clinical supervisory experienceTwo years' experience supervising substance abuse counselorsMassachusetts Bureau of Substance Abuse Clinician I eligible.Licensed in ...... Apply Now>>
10 Substance Abuse Counselor Fresno, CA, USA Well established substance abuse program in the Central Valley. We are looking for an experienced certified counselor who is familiar with utilization review. Salary negotiable based on experience ...... Apply Now>>
11 SUBSTANCE ABUSE PREVENTION SPECIALIST us S.FCD Prevention Works (fcd.org), a part of the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation, is the leading international nonprofit provider of school-based substance abuse prevention services. We provide ...... Apply Now>>
12 Substance Abuse Counselor II Bryan, United States Performs highly complex substance abuse counseling work within DWI programs. Work involves planning, coordinating, and implementing substance abuse counseling activities; and coordinating with other ...... Apply Now>>
13 Supervisor, Substance Abuse Counseling Ithaca, NY, USA Supervisor, Substance Abuse Counseling Supervisory opportunity at a fully certified, premier provider of outpatient substance use disorder services in upstate New York. Our philosophy is that ...... Apply Now>>
14 Clinical Director, Substance Abuse Stabilization us ... substance abuse services within PSI and functions as client grievance officer for this program. Functions as a member of the program working group and participates in all management level meetings ...... Apply Now>>
15 Substance Abuse Counselor (Must Have Master's Degree) Mobile, United States Experience in substance abuse field is not required, but preferred * Qualified candidates will have a Master\'s degree in a related field * Experience Required: * Minimum of 500 hours of experience ...... Apply Now>>
16 RN SUBSTANCE ABUSE TREATMENT CENTER Albuquerque, United States This is a new Substance Abuse Treatment Ctr. Provide professional nursing care for assigned patients in a mental health/psychiatric environment. Design nursing care plans and assist in the ...... Apply Now>>
17 Substance Abuse LPN - $500 sign on bonus! Rochester, NY, USA Career Start is currently seeking LPN's in Rochester, NY to help fill long-term positions (temp to hire) with a busy substance abuse facility. To be considered for these positions, candidates must be ...... Apply Now>>
18 Substance Abuse Counselor **Sign on Bonus** Gloucester, VA, USA We are currently seeking experienced Certified Substance Abuse Counselors (CSAC) to join our team. Job Responsibilities · Assess the counseling needs of the client · Assessing client for substance ...... Apply Now>>
19 Therapist - Substance Abuse Mental Health Boca Raton, FL, USA We are seeking a Substance Abuse Mental Health Therapist to join our team! You will be responsible for implementing effective treatment plans to clients in an individual or group setting. General ...... Apply Now>>
20 Substance Abuse Counselor North Hollywood, CA, USA 5 Residential is looking for a part-time substance abuse counselor and case manager. Must be RADT and/or CADAC certified. Current hours of operation are 930-330, but with a possibility of opening a 3 ...... Apply Now>>
21 Substance Abuse Counselor Milford, OH, USA Develop and increase knowledge of federal, state, and agency regulations regarding confidentiality, methadone treatment, and substance abuse counseling certification * Submit all internal and ...... Apply Now>>
22 Full-time Substance Abuse Counselor Citra, FL, USA This Full Time Substance Abuse Counselor position is located at the Adult Residential Facility in Citra, FL ( 15681US-301, Citra, FL 32113). ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES : Maintain a ...... Apply Now>>
23 Substance Abuse Counselor/Group Facilitator Costa Mesa, CA, USA We are seeking a Substance Abuse Counselor/Group Facilitator to join our team! You will be responsible for implementing effective treatment plans to clients in an individual or group setting.... Apply Now>>
24 Certified Substance Abuse Counselor Fort Oglethorpe, GA, USA Experience in substance abuse field is not required, but preferred * Qualified candidates will have a counseling Certification in a related field (State Specific) * * Counselor-In-Training ...... Apply Now>>
25 Substance Abuse Counselor Albuquerque, NM, USA Substance Abuse Counselor Responsibilities: * Assessment * Treatment Planning * Individual and Group Counseling. What We Offer: * Competitive salary based on education and experience. * After 60 days ...... Apply Now>>
26 Bilingual Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor Waterbury, CT, USA We will also consider license eligible within a year but must have at least a minimum of one-year substance abuse treatment experience. Computer Knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must ...... Apply Now>>
27 Substance Abuse Counselor - Drug & Alcohol Counselor - D&A City of Philadelphia, PA, USA We are actively recruiting for experienced Substance Abuse Counselors. If you possess a Master's degree or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in a clinical mental health discipline ...... Apply Now>>
28 RN Substance Abuse Syracuse, NY, USA Career Start is currently seeking RNs in Syracuse, NY to help fill full-time positions with a busy substance abuse facility. To be considered for this position, candidates must be an RN in NYS. The ...... Apply Now>>
29 Substance Abuse Counselor - CSC-AD, CAC-AD Baltimore, MD, USA We are seeking a Substance Abuse Counselor - CSC-AD, CAC-AD to join our team! You will be responsible for implementing effective treatment plans to clients in an individual or group setting. The ...... Apply Now>>
30 ALCOHOL & SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR Vallejo, CA, USA ALCOHOL & SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR JOB DESCRIPTION Requirements: * Four or more year's continuous sobriety of alcoholic or addict. * Minimum of one year(s) work experience in Alcohol or Drug field.... Apply Now>>
31 Substance Abuse Counselor Portsmouth, VA, USA Sterling Medical currently seeks a Substance Abuse Counselor to provide services full-time as a contracted employee with the U.S. Naval base in Portsmouth VA. The Counselor will provide services 40 ...... Apply Now>>
32 Substance Abuse Specialist - Relocation Assistance! Alexandria, LA, USA Substance Abuse Specialist - Relocation Assistance! Merakey is currently seeking a Substance Abuse Specialist to join our Alexandria and Lake Charles, LA facilities. WHAT MERAKEY HAS TO OFFER: * The ...... Apply Now>>
33 Substance Abuse Case Manager Farmville, VA, USA This position will provides case management services to adults with substance abuse. This includes clinical assessment, treatment planning, discharge planning, linking with community services ...... Apply Now>>
34 Substance Abuse Therapist Detroit, MI, USA We are looking for qualified candidates who are experienced in Substance Abuse to join our new office in downtown Detroit! Qualifications : Candidates must possess a Master's or PhD level independent ...... Apply Now>>
35 Lead Substance Abuse Specialist BHP - MACT Phoenix, AZ, USA ... substance abuse and/or marriage and family counseling. LPC, LCSW, LAC, LISAC accepted. Valid AZ State Driver's License, vehicle with state minimum insurance coverage and able to meet PIR company ...... Apply Now>>
36 Substance Abuse Counselor Ocala, FL, USA Valeo Resources is partnered with a top nationwide Behavioral Health facility located near Ocala, FL . This organization is in a rapid growth phase and has the leadership, vision and employee culture ...... Apply Now>>
37 Adolescent Residential Substance Abuse Treatment Counselor; Full-Time; Evenings Maryville, IL, USA Chestnut Health Systems is seeking full-time Clinicians to work within our residential substance abuse treatment program at our Maryville, IL facility, servicing the Metro East and St. Louis, MO ...... Apply Now>>
38 Substance Abuse Counselor/Primary Therapist full time position! Earleville, MD, USA Looking for an LMSW, LCSW, LCPC, LGSW to Provide counseling to clients dealing with mental health or substance abuse issues in a facility located in Maryland. Job has very flexible with hours ...... Apply Now>>
39 Substance Abuse Counselors Lancaster, PA, USA We are seeking a Full-Time Substance Abuse Counselor for one of our Residential, Women & Children Substance Abuse Facilities in Lancaster, PA. Applying candidates must be able to pass a Criminal ...... Apply Now>>
40 Licensed Intensive Outpatient Substance Abuse Therapist Louisville, KY, USA Job Description Praxis Recovery by Landmark Recovery is a short term residential and outpatient substance abuse treatment facility. We offer four levels of care including a medically monitored detox ...... Apply Now>>