- Drug, Alcohol and Crisis Hotlines
- Crisis counselors are waiting for your call! You have the power to change your life, stop bad habits, treat addiction and seek help.
- Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Not all rehab centers are the same. A drug and alcohol rehabilitation treatment center should offer a variety of treatment programs, which may include inpatient, residential, outpatient and short-stay choices. Inpatient services are generally provided by a licensed hospital, while residential programs may not meet the same rigorous standards of medical care.
- Alcohol and Drug Education Programs
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Programs may be inpatient residential treatment centers, day or outpatient services. They may provide personal assessments for alcohol/drug abuse; coordinate comprehensive alcohol and drug education and referral programs; conduct training on alcohol and other drug issues; oversee peer education efforts for topics such as substance abuse, HIV/AIDS prevention, sexual assault and healthy eating and living; provide resource materials for the community; oversee programming efforts aimed at providing healthy alternatives to alcohol abuse.
- Psychologists may help people deal with drug and alcohol addictions, as well as underlying mental disorders such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (adhd), coping with traumatic events, depression and others.
- Psychiatric Hospitals
- Psychiatric hospitals, or psychiatric wards in general hospitals, specialize in treating mental illneses and disorders. Psychiatric hospitals offer an opportunity to get intensive treatment by doctors and trained specialists, such as nurses, occupational therapists, social workers, and psychologists
- Mental Health Centers and Services Locator
- Drug, alcohol and substance abuse problems may be results of underlying mental disorders. Millions of people suffer with various types of mental illness and mental health problems. Mental illness and psychological disorders have good treatment options with medications, psychotherapy, or other treatments.
- Psychiatrists are medical doctors who have the power to prescribe, and psychotropic medications are widely used in the field. Such medicines include antipsychotics; sedatives such as antidepressants, anxiolytics, hypnotics; and stimulants such as mood stabilizers and schizophrenia treatment drugs. Use of psychiatric drugs may correct chemical imbalances that contribute to underlying disorders.
- Child and Adolescent Guidance
- Unlike adults, adolescents in treatment have more family difficulties, are more likely to have psychological problems, and are more likely to have attempted suicide. Teens also tend to abuse multiple substances. Adolescent guidance programs for troubled teens may educate parents of troubled teens on child behavior including attention deficit disorder, add, adhd, drug abuse, teen depression, behavior modification or intervention programs.
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- According to research, marriage and family therapy is often more effective for alcoholism and drug abuse than standard or individual treatment. Marriage and Family Therapists are trained in psychotherapy and family systems, and they regularly practice short-term therapy -- 12 sessions on average.
- Social Workers
- Social workers often work hand-in-hand with the criminal justice system in dealing with alcohol and drug offenders. Social Workers and nurses may work together to provide a treatment programs for offenders, including alternative prescribing and counseling along with practical and emotional support.
Mental Health Jobs1 Substance Abuse Counselor Job Not Paying The Bills? Drive With Lyft & Earn Extra Cash What is Lyft? Driving with Lyft is the perfect way to earn great money on any schedule (part-time, full-time, seasonal, hourly, or temporary) and Lyft Drivers can receive payment same-day through ...... Apply Now>>
2 Substance Abuse Counselor II - Juvenile Justice Van Nuys, CA, USA Under supervision and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team to provide substance abuse assessment, education, counseling, and related services designed to assist in the treatment and ...... Apply Now>>
3 Licensed Substance Abuse Specialist $1000 Hiring Bonus* Bedford, MA, USA The Edinburg Center is seeking Licensed Substance Abuse Specialists within our Adult Community Clinical Services (ACCS) services group. Responsibilities: Develops and provides recovery-oriented ...... Apply Now>>
4 Substance Abuse Counselor (LADAC, LMFT, LMSW, LMHC, LPCC) Albuquerque, NM, USA I currently have a great opportunity for a Substance Abuse Counselor full-time with our clinic in Albuquerque, NM. Job Duties: (include but are not limited to): * Work with patient to complete all ...... Apply Now>>
5 Certified Alcohol Substance Abuse Counselor CASAC New York, NY, USA We are seeking a CASAC Certified Alcohol Substance Abuse Counselor to join our team! You will be responsible for implementing effective treatment plans to clients in an individual or group setting... Apply Now>>
6 Substance Abuse Counselor Roadmap to Peace Initiative San Francisco, CA, USA SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR ROADMAP TO PEACE INITIATIVE Full-time, 40 hours per week Union Position Horizons Unlimited of San Francisco, Inc., established in 1965, is a youth development and ...... Apply Now>>
7 Substance Abuse Counselor Greeley, CO, USA Adult Out Patient is a fully integrated team with professionals from both the mental health and substance abuse fields, who are cross-trained in assessing and treating both voluntary and mandated ...... Apply Now>>
8 Substance Abuse Counselor (LADC or ADC-T) Burnsville, MN, USA ... abuse, neglect and exploitation as required. ➢ Reports patient grievances as required. ➢ Educates patient in all aspects of treatment, corresponding health issues and steps to recovery. ➢ ...... Apply Now>>
9 Substance Abuse Counselor -CACAD/CSCAD/ LCSWC / LCPC / LCADC Baltimore, MD, USA Counsel and advise individuals or groups with substance abuse problems * Develop and implement individual treatment plans * Establish treatment goals and milestones with clients * Prepare progress ...... Apply Now>>
10 Substance Abuse Counselor Chillicothe, OH, USA Develop and increase knowledge of federal, state, and agency regulations regarding confidentiality, methadone treatment, and substance abuse counseling certification * Submit all internal and ...... Apply Now>>
11 Substance Abuse Counselor Fort Wayne, IN, USA Must have at least two years' experience in substance/addiction counseling services. The position will be majority day hours, but candidate must be flexible with availability to work evenings or ...... Apply Now>>
12 Substance Abuse Residential Therapist / Counselor Homestead, FL, USA Substance Abuse Residential Level 2 Work Location: 1020 N Krome Avenue, Homestead, FL 33030 Summary: Provides assessment and clinical treatment to all clients presented to the center by utilizing ...... Apply Now>>
13 Substance Abuse Specialist Langhorne, PA, USA As an integral part of the team, the substance abuse specialist will: * Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with area treatment providers * Provide assessment, early engagement, and ...... Apply Now>>
14 Substance Abuse Technician / Chemical Dependency Technician Los Angeles, CA, USA Minimum 1 year of experience with Substance Abuse & Mental Health Disorders * Must understand the therapeutic process, confidentiality, HIPPA, professional ethics, fundamentals of addiction, chemical ...... Apply Now>>
15 Prevention Specialist School-Based Rock Hill, SC, USA Provide substance abuse education utilizing an evidence-based program in a classroom setting. 2. Write prevention work plans and other accountability reports as assigned. 3. Provides prevention data ...... Apply Now>>
16 Substance Abuse Counselor Covington, KY, USA Develop knowledge in regard to state, federal and agency regulations regarding confidentiality, methadone treatment, and substance abuse service counseling certification. * Assures all documentation ...... Apply Now>>
17 Substance Abuse Counselor/Therapist Flemington, NJ, USA Substance Abuse Counselor/Therapist Daytop Village of NJ, Inc. an organization dedicated to providing exceptional and affordable treatment to adolescents and adults with substance use and co ...... Apply Now>>
18 Counselor, Substance Abuse Los Angeles, CA, USA Provide treatment services to residents at our Bimini program (www.socialmodel.com) through individual counseling, group process, multi-family sessions, educational groups, and recreational ...... Apply Now>>
19 Substance Abuse Counselor Greensburg, PA, USA Substance Abuse Counseling: 1 year (Required) Education: * Master's (Preferred) License or certification: * 908 KAR 1:370, (Preferred... Apply Now>>
20 CNA - Substance Abuse Recovery Greensburg, PA, USA The CNA will assist clients with activities in a substance abuse recovery facility and get them to outside appointments when necessary. RESPONSIBILITIES: * Supervision of clients * Facilitating group ...... Apply Now>>
21 Substance Abuse Counselor Santa Rosa, CA, USA Creekside BH is looking for a full time, certified Substance Abuse Counselor to work in our locked psychiatric facility. Knowledge in co-occuring disorders and experience with this population needed... Apply Now>>
22 Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor Charlotte, NC, USA McLeod Center Charlotte has an immediate full-time opening for a Substance Abuse Counselor. The SA Counselor will perform all clinical functions for which qualified, including: clinical lectures ...... Apply Now>>
23 Substance Abuse Counselor El Monte, CA, USA Provide treatment services to participants (at our Mid Valley Outpatient program) through individual counseling, group process, multi-family sessions, educational groups, and recreational activities... Apply Now>>
24 Substance Abuse Case Manager Stoughton, MA, USA As a Substance Abuse Counselor/Case Manager you will be doing your part in fighting the current Opioid/Substance Abuse epidemic as a key member of a dynamic multidisciplinary team working directly ...... Apply Now>>
25 Substance Abuse Counselor Anderson, IN, USA Experience in a substance abuse and mental health field is necessary. Responsibilities: * Counsel individuals or groups with substance abuse problems * Develop and implement individual treatment ...... Apply Now>>
26 Substance Abuse Specialist Wilmington, DE, USA The Substance Abuse Specialist will provide substance abuse rehabilitation, individual counseling and staff resource education in a therapeutic setting assisting individuals with a primary diagnosis ...... Apply Now>>
27 Mental Health / Substance Abuse Therapist MASTER LEVEL Milwaukee, WI, USA AMRI Counseling Growing clinic located in Milwaukee, WI, providing both mental health and substance abuse treatment, is seeking Wisconsin licensed therapists to join our therapy team, as we expand ...... Apply Now>>
28 Substance Abuse Counselor for IOP and OP services Baltimore, MD, USA A basic knowledge of substance abuse and dual diagnosis is essential. The individual is responsible for ensuring that clinical and administrative services are provided for patients and their families... Apply Now>>
29 Certified Substance Abuse Counselor CSAC Wahiawā, HI, USA The Counselor is a provider of outpatient substance abuse treatment under the supervision of the Clinical Supervisor. The program funded by third party contracts (i.e. Ohana, UHA, HMSA) provide ...... Apply Now>>
30 Substance Abuse Technician San Jose, CA, USA Serenity Gardens is a residential substance abuse treatment facility located in South San Jose that provides services to adult men and women. Is seeking Program Technicians to join our team. We ...... Apply Now>>
31 Substance Abuse Counselor Phoenix, AZ, USA ... substance abuse issues by providing other team members with information and knowledge in respect to substance use issues; provides specific substance abuse interventions as clinically indicated ...... Apply Now>>
32 Substance Abuse Counselor Reseda, CA, USA If recovering from substance abuse, candidate must have two years of continuous sobriety and knowledge of self-help (AA, NA, CA) community resources and charting resident files. * Current counseling ...... Apply Now>>
33 MAT COURT COUNSELOR Charlotte, NC, USA Five (5+) years of experience working in substance use disorder field/ knowledge of recovery-oriented Systems of Care, medication-assisted treatment, community recovery support programs required... Apply Now>>
34 Substance Abuse Counselor Orange County, CA, USA Desired Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities • Registered or Certified Substance Abuse Counselor with certifying agency recognized by DHCS which is a CCAPP. See below, also note the ...... Apply Now>>
35 Substance Abuse Counselor Duncan, SC, USA Position Summary The Counselor will work as part of a team to ensure quality substance abuse treatment is provided to all patients in accordance with federal, state, & local laws & regulations. The ...... Apply Now>>
36 Substance Abuse Counselor Hempstead, NY, USA Counseling Service of Eastern District New York (CSEDNY) a non-profit organization that provides substance abuse treatment currently seeks a Substance Abuse Counselor for its Queens location. Must ...... Apply Now>>
37 Substance Abuse Counselor New York, NY, USA Counseling Service of Eastern District New York (CSEDNY) a non-profit organization that provides substance abuse treatment currently seeks Counselors for its Brooklyn location. Responsibilities... Apply Now>>
38 Substance Abuse Program Manager (Durham) Durham, NC, USA The Program Manager works under the direction of the State Director of Substance Abuse Services in developing, implementing, managing and evaluating NC services such that the programming and ...... Apply Now>>
39 NEVADA Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor CADC or Intern (CADC-I) Las Vegas, NV, USA We are seeking a Substance Abuse Counselor CADC or Intern (CADC-I) to join our team! You will be responsible for implementing effective treatment plans to clients in an individual or group setting... Apply Now>>
40 Alcoholism & Substance Abuse Counselor Goshen, NY, USA Credentialed Alcoholism & Substance Abuse Counselor The School of Addiction Studies in Goshen offering full 350hr CASAC education program. Small class size. Supportive learning environment... Apply Now>>