- Drug, Alcohol and Crisis Hotlines
- Crisis counselors are waiting for your call! You have the power to change your life, stop bad habits, treat addiction and seek help.
- Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Not all rehab centers are the same. A drug and alcohol rehabilitation treatment center should offer a variety of treatment programs, which may include inpatient, residential, outpatient and short-stay choices. Inpatient services are generally provided by a licensed hospital, while residential programs may not meet the same rigorous standards of medical care.
- Alcohol and Drug Education Programs
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Programs may be inpatient residential treatment centers, day or outpatient services. They may provide personal assessments for alcohol/drug abuse; coordinate comprehensive alcohol and drug education and referral programs; conduct training on alcohol and other drug issues; oversee peer education efforts for topics such as substance abuse, HIV/AIDS prevention, sexual assault and healthy eating and living; provide resource materials for the community; oversee programming efforts aimed at providing healthy alternatives to alcohol abuse.
- Psychologists may help people deal with drug and alcohol addictions, as well as underlying mental disorders such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (adhd), coping with traumatic events, depression and others.
- Psychiatric Hospitals
- Psychiatric hospitals, or psychiatric wards in general hospitals, specialize in treating mental illneses and disorders. Psychiatric hospitals offer an opportunity to get intensive treatment by doctors and trained specialists, such as nurses, occupational therapists, social workers, and psychologists
- Mental Health Centers and Services Locator
- Drug, alcohol and substance abuse problems may be results of underlying mental disorders. Millions of people suffer with various types of mental illness and mental health problems. Mental illness and psychological disorders have good treatment options with medications, psychotherapy, or other treatments.
- Psychiatrists are medical doctors who have the power to prescribe, and psychotropic medications are widely used in the field. Such medicines include antipsychotics; sedatives such as antidepressants, anxiolytics, hypnotics; and stimulants such as mood stabilizers and schizophrenia treatment drugs. Use of psychiatric drugs may correct chemical imbalances that contribute to underlying disorders.
- Child and Adolescent Guidance
- Unlike adults, adolescents in treatment have more family difficulties, are more likely to have psychological problems, and are more likely to have attempted suicide. Teens also tend to abuse multiple substances. Adolescent guidance programs for troubled teens may educate parents of troubled teens on child behavior including attention deficit disorder, add, adhd, drug abuse, teen depression, behavior modification or intervention programs.
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- According to research, marriage and family therapy is often more effective for alcoholism and drug abuse than standard or individual treatment. Marriage and Family Therapists are trained in psychotherapy and family systems, and they regularly practice short-term therapy -- 12 sessions on average.
- Social Workers
- Social workers often work hand-in-hand with the criminal justice system in dealing with alcohol and drug offenders. Social Workers and nurses may work together to provide a treatment programs for offenders, including alternative prescribing and counseling along with practical and emotional support.
Mental Health Jobs1 Substance Abuse Counselor Job Not Paying the Bills? Drive with Lyft & Earn Extra Cash What is Lyft? Driving with Lyft is the perfect way to earn great money on any schedule (part-time, full-time, seasonal, hourly, or temporary) and Lyft Drivers can receive payment same-day through ...... Apply Now>>
2 Substance Abuse Counselor Reseda, CA, USA If recovering from substance abuse, candidate must have two years of continuous sobriety and knowledge of self-help (AA, NA, CA) community resources and charting resident files. * Current counseling ...... Apply Now>>
3 Substance Abuse Counselor/Evening Shift Chambersburg, PA, USA ... substance abuse counseling certification board. Company Description Headquartered in Altoona, PA and founded in 1999, Pyramid Healthcare has been a leader in the provision of behavioral healthcare in ...... Apply Now>>
4 Substance Abuse Counselor-In Custody Program San Rafael, United States Bay Area Community Resources is re-inventing one of our Alcohol and Drug Treatment Programs. We are looking for certified Alcohol and Drug Counselors to become part of our team. Job duties include... Apply Now>>
5 Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC) Winchester, VA, USA Crossroads Treatment Centers is seeking a full-time Certified Substance Abuse Counselor for our Winchester location. Applicants MUST hold a CSAC in Virginia. Responsibilities: * Completing ...... Apply Now>>
6 Substance Abuse Program, Program Manager Chico, CA, USA Substance Abuse Counselors and Native American Like Skills Coaches POSITION SUMMARY: The Program Manager is responsible for the overall management of the NVIH/SAP (substance abuse) program that ...... Apply Now>>
7 Substance Abuse Counselor I Ukiah, United States ... abuse various substances and/or have emotional problems; manages cases; and performs other related duties as assigned.ÂClosing Date/Time: 6/13/2018 11:59 PM Pacific Please mention you found this ...... Apply Now>>
8 Chemical Dependency Counselor Ithaca, NY, USA Chemical Dependency Counselor Chemical Dependency/Substance Abuse Counselor opportunities at a fully certified, premier provider of outpatient substance use disorder services in upstate New York. Our ...... Apply Now>>
9 SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR, SR. Susanville, CA, USA Coordinates substance abuse program at an office or group of offices using principles of the "What Works" system. Schedules intakes, and group and individual sessions. Discusses specific cases with ...... Apply Now>>
10 Substance Abuse Counselor Milton, FL, USA This position assists in developing, organizing, and conducting evidence-based, substance abuse treatment programming within the mission of GEO's Continuum of Care. Conducts or assists in conducting ...... Apply Now>>
11 Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor Portland, United States Active Maine Licensure for Substance Abuse Counseling or LCPC/LCSW/CADC/LADC and approved substance abuse CEUs. Successful completion of MANDT course within 6 months of hire. Recent experience in an ...... Apply Now>>
12 Manager for Substance Abuse Program for the Homeless Oakland, CA, USA The Substance Abuse Program Manager ensures the coordination of substance abuse counseling services for EOCP residents living with addictions and HIV/AIDS, including the provision of individual ...... Apply Now>>
13 Certified Substance Abuse Counselor Fayetteville, United States Overview We are currently seeking a full-time Certified Substance Abuse Counselor for our Carolina Treatment Center of Fayetteville facility. Hours are Monday through Saturday 5:00 am-1:00 pm and ...... Apply Now>>
14 Women's Primary Substance Abuse Counselor us The Women's Primary Substance Abuse Counselor will be responsible for: * Individual and Group Counseling * Developing Psychosocial History * Assessments, Treatment Plans, and Referrals * Documenting ...... Apply Now>>
15 Mental Health/Substance Abuse Counselor - Sign On Bonus! 00169(100FACTT3) Phoenix, United States Community Bridges, Inc. is one of the largest providers of integrated substance abuse/behavioral health treatment in Arizona. Recently our FACT model won the Most Innovative Best Practice through the ...... Apply Now>>
16 Substance Abuse Specialist Alexandria, United States Knowledge about harm reduction, motivational interviewing treatment modalities and substance abuse required. This is a permanent, full time position based out of the Alexandria office, with a benefit ...... Apply Now>>
17 Substance Abuse Professionals Napa, United States Center Point Inc. is currently looking for: • Program Director • Supervising Counselor • Case Managers • Certified Substance Abuse Counselors • Monitors • Drivers • Cooks (Full Time and ...... Apply Now>>
18 Counselor I Annapolis, United States Familiarity with, and agreement to adhere to, established core competencies, global criteria and ethical standards for Substance Abuse Counseling. Required License/Certifications: * CAC-AD required... Apply Now>>
19 Licensed Independent Counselor Albuquerque, NM, USA Offer assistance to individuals with substance abuse issues * Provide prevention-oriented therapy * Implement and review treatment plans * Collaborate with additional treatment providers and ...... Apply Now>>
20 CASAC/Substance Abuse Counselor Canaan, United States Be A Part of Our Mission As a CASAC/Substance Abuse Counselor at Berkshire you are responsible for providing support and treatment to youth who are in the substance abuse program including working ...... Apply Now>>
21 Substance Abuse Counselor II - LCDC Only Humble, United States Directly supervises substance abuse counselor I. Instructs offenders and maintains records for the DWI program. Duties involve planning, coordinating, and implementing the DWI program; and ...... Apply Now>>
22 Therapist Tucson, AZ, USA Delivery of outpatient substance abuse and dependence behavioral health services to person identified as substance abuse and or substance dependent. Duties and Responsibilities: Individual Counseling ...... Apply Now>>
23 Licensed or Provisional Counselor Breaux Bridge, LA, USA Offer assistance to individuals with substance abuse issues * Provide prevention-oriented therapy * Implement and review treatment plans * Collaborate with additional treatment providers and ...... Apply Now>>
24 Substance Abuse Counselor Intern - $1,000 Signing Bonus Bryan, United States Provide substance abuse counseling and recovery skills training; participates in offender orientation, educational and individual and process counseling groups in compliance with program standards ...... Apply Now>>
25 Outreach Substance Use Specialist (2222) Seattle, United States Provide substance abuse consultation to team. * Advocate for client access to community resources and services, ensuring that client needs are met and rights maintained; consult and collaborate with ...... Apply Now>>
26 Therapist (Chemical Dependecy Emphasis) Louisville, United States . Provides direct care services to adult psychiatric and substance abusing patients as assigned and needed; i.e., individual and group therapy with dually diagnosed patients, substance abuse ...... Apply Now>>
27 Counselor I Wichita, KS, USA Performs assessments of patients' needs, motivations, and backgrounds; prepares substance abuse bio-psycho-social/assessment summaries. 4. Participates on a multi-disciplinary treatment team to ...... Apply Now>>
28 Behavioral Intervention Specialist Queens, NY, USA Educate families and groups on substance abuse treatments and prevention programs * Facilitate referrals to other healthcare or counseling professionals Qualifications: * Previous experience in ...... Apply Now>>
29 Addiction Counselors Needed - Modesto - FT & PT Modesto, CA, USA We promote the highest standard of patient care in the treatment of substance abuse and related medical, psychological and socio-economic conditions. Aegis and its staff members pursue excellence ...... Apply Now>>
30 Clinician - Mental Health and Substance Abuse us Note: This position will be located in Ahoskie, Camden, Greenville, Jacksonville, or Wilmington, NC depending on applicant location. Candidates must submit a completed PD-107 application in order to ...... Apply Now>>
31 Director of Nursing / DON - Substance Abuse (RN) Mansfield, United States Texas Health Resources is hiring for a full time Director of Nursing Substance Abuse. Hours- Monday-Friday 8am-5pm varies hours or on call REQUIREMENTS Bachelor's Degree in Nursing Master's Degree in ...... Apply Now>>
32 Coordinator of Substance Abuse (LMSW) at Health Care Organization in Manhattan, New York, United... New York, United States : * Health clinic in Manhattan looking for a Coordinator of Substance Abuse (LMSW) to join their team as soon as possible * Responsibilities will include: * Orient and educate clients and provide them ...... Apply Now>>
33 Counselor Duncansville, PA, USA ... substance abuse counseling certification board. 5) Current licensure in this Commonwealth as a physician. 6) Current licensure in this Commonwealth as a registered nurse and a degree from an ...... Apply Now>>
34 Mental Health Specialist 1 or 2 (Adult Program) (B068/B012) Eugene, United States Performs assessments of referred clients to assess mental health needs; completes client interviews, obtains social, emotional, criminal and substance abuse histories, identifies client needs, and ...... Apply Now>>
35 Mental Health Specialist 1 or 2 - Bilingual (B068B / B012B) Eugene, United States Performs assessments of referred clients to assess mental health needs; completes client interviews, obtains social, emotional, criminal and substance abuse histories, identifies client needs, and ...... Apply Now>>
36 RN Substance Abuse (Cambridge) Cambridge, United States Responsibilities * Assessments - Collects, prioritizes, and synthesizes comprehensive data pertinent to the patient s health or situation * Diagnosis - Analyzes assessment data to determine nursing ...... Apply Now>>
37 Counselor Paul Smiths, United States Two years of experience in crisis intervention, individual and group counseling, peer education, program development and delivery, and alcohol and substance abuse issues, in a higher education ...... Apply Now>>
38 Occupational Therapist (OT) - Mental Health and Substance Abuse, 24 hrs Augusta, United States Generous earned time program Retirement plans with employer match Robust employee wellness program Job... Apply Now>>
39 Counselor Orlando, United States Currently seeking a full-time staff Counselor for a rapidly expanding, leading national substance abuse organization. Join an elite team of dedicated professionals that are dedicated to delivering ...... Apply Now>>
40 Therapist Cuba, NM, USA Oversee substance abuse/mental health services for youth and their families, * Oversee cases and ensure standardization of case management services (if applicable), * Comply with state auditing ...... Apply Now>>