- Drug, Alcohol and Crisis Hotlines
- Crisis counselors are waiting for your call! You have the power to change your life, stop bad habits, treat addiction and seek help.
- Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Not all rehab centers are the same. A drug and alcohol rehabilitation treatment center should offer a variety of treatment programs, which may include inpatient, residential, outpatient and short-stay choices. Inpatient services are generally provided by a licensed hospital, while residential programs may not meet the same rigorous standards of medical care.
- Alcohol and Drug Education Programs
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Programs may be inpatient residential treatment centers, day or outpatient services. They may provide personal assessments for alcohol/drug abuse; coordinate comprehensive alcohol and drug education and referral programs; conduct training on alcohol and other drug issues; oversee peer education efforts for topics such as substance abuse, HIV/AIDS prevention, sexual assault and healthy eating and living; provide resource materials for the community; oversee programming efforts aimed at providing healthy alternatives to alcohol abuse.
- Psychologists may help people deal with drug and alcohol addictions, as well as underlying mental disorders such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (adhd), coping with traumatic events, depression and others.
- Psychiatric Hospitals
- Psychiatric hospitals, or psychiatric wards in general hospitals, specialize in treating mental illneses and disorders. Psychiatric hospitals offer an opportunity to get intensive treatment by doctors and trained specialists, such as nurses, occupational therapists, social workers, and psychologists
- Mental Health Centers and Services Locator
- Drug, alcohol and substance abuse problems may be results of underlying mental disorders. Millions of people suffer with various types of mental illness and mental health problems. Mental illness and psychological disorders have good treatment options with medications, psychotherapy, or other treatments.
- Psychiatrists are medical doctors who have the power to prescribe, and psychotropic medications are widely used in the field. Such medicines include antipsychotics; sedatives such as antidepressants, anxiolytics, hypnotics; and stimulants such as mood stabilizers and schizophrenia treatment drugs. Use of psychiatric drugs may correct chemical imbalances that contribute to underlying disorders.
- Child and Adolescent Guidance
- Unlike adults, adolescents in treatment have more family difficulties, are more likely to have psychological problems, and are more likely to have attempted suicide. Teens also tend to abuse multiple substances. Adolescent guidance programs for troubled teens may educate parents of troubled teens on child behavior including attention deficit disorder, add, adhd, drug abuse, teen depression, behavior modification or intervention programs.
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- According to research, marriage and family therapy is often more effective for alcoholism and drug abuse than standard or individual treatment. Marriage and Family Therapists are trained in psychotherapy and family systems, and they regularly practice short-term therapy -- 12 sessions on average.
- Social Workers
- Social workers often work hand-in-hand with the criminal justice system in dealing with alcohol and drug offenders. Social Workers and nurses may work together to provide a treatment programs for offenders, including alternative prescribing and counseling along with practical and emotional support.
Mental Health Jobs1 Substance Abuse Counselor Los Angeles, CA, USA Substance Abuse Counselor (SUD) Summary of Duties : To provide supportive services to recovery program participants in compliance with program procedures and applicable standards and regulations... Apply Now>>
2 Substance Abuse Counselor Egg Harbor Township, NJ, USA Substance Abuse Counselor (Atlantic County) Behavioral Crossroads Recovery Are you a professional, detailed, multi-tasker who is wonderful with clients? Behavioral Crossroads is seeking a full-time ...... Apply Now>>
3 Substance Abuse Therapist Scottsdale, AZ, USA We are seeking a Substance Abuse Therapist to join our team! This position is responsible for implementing effective treatment plans, and facilitating individual and group sessions. Responsibilities... Apply Now>>
4 Associate Therapist - Substance Abuse West Bend, WI, USA Seeking a Associate Therapist - Substance Abuse for The Manor, a luxury residential addiction treatment center in the West Bend / Milwaukee area (www.discoverthemanor.com). The Manor, an exclusive ...... Apply Now>>
5 Substance Abuse Counselors (CSC-AD, CAC AD Required) Baltimore, MD, USA Gaudenzia, a multi-state non-profit human services organization, with over 141 programs at 77 locations providing substance abuse treatment, mental health, housing assistance, recovery and prevention ...... Apply Now>>
6 Substance Abuse Counselor Danvers, MA, USA The Therapist plans, directs and coordinates medically-approved programs for patients in hospitals, substance abuse facilities, or other institutions. Inspires and motivates RCA clients and to help ...... Apply Now>>
7 Substance Abuse Counselor Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent and three years of experience in substance abuse treatment field; OR Bachelor of Arts degree from an accredited college or university and one year of ...... Apply Now>>
8 SUBSTANCE ABUSE CLINICIAN- LCSW Compton, CA, USA Reports and meets with Program Director to coordinate and develop clinic substance abuse program. We offer competitive compensation and full time benefits which include: * 100% employer paid medical ...... Apply Now>>
9 Licensed Therapist - Part time / Full time - Substance Abuse & Mental Health San Clemente, CA, USA Highly ranked on the Inc. 5000 list, with 9 facilities nationwide and Joint Commission Accredited has open shift positions for Part Time Substance Abuse and Mental Health Therapists in our San ...... Apply Now>>
10 CDCC-Substance Abuse Counselor New York City, NY, USA These services are licensed by NYS Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services and funded by the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. The CDCC program provides medical services ...... Apply Now>>
11 Case Manager III - Substance Abuse Norfolk, VA, USA The CSB is seeking an experienced Substance Abuse Case Manager III. The Case Manager III will assess clients that are enrolled in Substance Abuse treatment for housing needs and assist them in ...... Apply Now>>
12 Substance Abuse Specialist Baltimore, MD, USA Candidate must have a minimum of 1 year Substance abuse training or clinical experience 3. CSC-AD or CAC-AD Certification preferred, 4. Work requires ability to communicate effectively in an oral and ...... Apply Now>>
13 Substance Abuse Clinician North Dartmouth, MA, USA Fee-for-Service Substance Abuse Outpatient Clinician available to work evenings and Saturdays. Provides assessment and evaluation services, formulates effective treatment plans and conducts ...... Apply Now>>
14 Substance Abuse Prevention Specialist Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA SUBSTANCE ABUSE PREVENTION SPECIALIST Do you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of families? If so, we would love to have you as part of the SCCS team! As a Substance Abuse ...... Apply Now>>
15 Substance Abuse Counselor (Far Rockaway, Queens) Queens, NY, USA Provides direct substance abuse counseling to chronically mentally ill clients in the Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) program in collaboration with the multidisciplinary staff off the ACT Program... Apply Now>>
16 Substance Abuse Counselor Jacksonville, FL, USA The qualified Substance Abuse Counselor will provide services in a school-based setting, and will advise children who suffer from alcoholism, drug addiction, eating disorders, or other behavioral ...... Apply Now>>
17 Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner - Detox, Residential and Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment Center Redlands, CA, CA, USA We are located in Southern California and serve a young adult population of 18 - 28-year-olds who are struggling with substance abuse addiction, co-occurring disorders and severe mental health ...... Apply Now>>
18 Substance Abuse Counselor Dover, OH, USA New Life Counseling is looking for an independently licensed clinical counselor with substance abuse/addictions counseling experience to develop a substance abuse program providing outpatient ...... Apply Now>>
19 Substance Abuse Counselor, Sr. Chino, CA, USA Primary Duties and Responsibilities Coordinates substance abuse program at an office or group of offices using principles of the “What Works” system. Schedules intakes, and group and individual ...... Apply Now>>
20 Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC Required) New York, NY, USA SACAP (Substance Abuse Centralized Assessment Program) provides assessment and referral services to public assistance clients who may have substance abuse related barriers to work. Program staff ...... Apply Now>>
21 Substance Abuse Specialist Baltimore, MD, USA Provide individual and group substance abuse treatment in an office and community setting using a stage-based treatment model that is non-confrontational, considers interactions of mental illness and ...... Apply Now>>
22 Substance Abuse Counselor II - Juvenile Justice - Bilingual Spanish Van Nuys, CA, USA Certificate in substance abuse counseling or education required. CAADAC, CAADE, or RAS. Minimum of one (1) year experience in a program serving probationary youth with substance abuse problems or ...... Apply Now>>
23 Addictions Therapist Detroit, MI, USA We are committed to helping the vulnerable population with chronic and severe mental illness; substance abuse disorders; developmental disabilities; primary care needs; and dental. Our staff are ...... Apply Now>>
24 Substance Abuse Clinician - Ongoing Posting Jamaica Plain, MA, USA The Substance Abuse Clinician will provide quality substance abuse counseling services according to the programs established policies and procedures, accepts assigned program participants and ...... Apply Now>>
25 Substance Abuse Case Manager Fort Myers, FL, USA DUTIES: Works with consumers with substance abuse or co-occurring disorders in an effort to effectively link them to needed resources, coordinate such resources as necessary, and monitor the ...... Apply Now>>
26 Therapist Sedona, AZ, USA The position requires therapists to counsel individuals and groups regarding psychological or emotional problems such as stress, substance abuse, eating disorders, or family situations and develops ...... Apply Now>>
27 Supv, Substance Abuse Golden Valley, AZ, USA Summary This position supervises the staff and activities within the facility's substance abuse program. Typical duties of this position including supervising the work of the Substance Abuse ...... Apply Now>>
28 Therapist Lubbock, TX, USA Offer assistance to individuals with substance abuse needs * Provide prevention-oriented therapy * Implement and review treatment plans * Collaborate with additional treatment providers and placement ...... Apply Now>>
29 Therapist Oklahoma City, OK, USA Offer assistance to individuals with substance abuse issues * Provide prevention-oriented therapy * Implement and review treatment plans * Collaborate with additional treatment providers and ...... Apply Now>>
30 Vocational Specialist Red Bank, NJ, USA The organization offers evidence-based treatment for adults and children with serious mental health diagnoses, substance abuse problems and co-occurring disorders. Description CPC is looking for a ...... Apply Now>>
31 Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC) Portsmouth, VA, USA Conducts 2-4 Substance Abuse/Psycho-educational groups daily. * Maintain all documentation according to facility guidelines. * Participates in the implementation of the clinical program and the ...... Apply Now>>
32 FT Counselor/Caseload Manager - Redlands Redlands, CA, USA We promote the highest standard of patient care in the treatment of substance abuse and related medical, psychological and socio-economic conditions. We pursue excellence, integrity & commitment in ...... Apply Now>>
33 Behavioral Health Consultant (LCSW) (full time & part-time) Phoenix, AZ, USA ... substance abuse, documents assessment, and makes treatment recommendations based on assessment with input from others treating patient, including SBIRT screenings and interventions. · Monitor ...... Apply Now>>
34 Substance Abuse Counselor, Clinical Greenville, NC, USA The Substance Abuse Counselor, provides direct patient care services to an inpatient population of male and female patients assigned at WBJ/ADATC and consistent with standards of the Center and Joint ...... Apply Now>>
35 Inpatient Counselor Annapolis, MD, USA Adheres to the ethical standards for Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselors (NAADAC). * Familiarity with, and agreement to adhere to, established core competencies and global criteria for Substance ...... Apply Now>>
36 Substance Abuse Counselor Newark, NJ, USA Provide substance abuse services and education to clients and staff of the Peter Ho Memorial Clinic. Provide alcohol and substance abuse education in individual and group formats for chemically ...... Apply Now>>
37 Substance Abuse Specialist Detroit, MI, USA * Substance Use Specialists shall ensure that all aspects of the Clinical Screening process are conducted by: 1. Conducting a triage on all calls to determine if it emergent, urgent, or routine. 2. If ...... Apply Now>>
38 SUBSTANCE ABUSE SPECIALIST (Bronx, NY, US) Bronx, NY, USA Provides assessment, counseling and referral services for patients with substance abuse problems. Monitors and adjusts treatment plans as necessary. Department: Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences ...... Apply Now>>
39 Substance Abuse Counselor – LISW, Certified Greenville, SC, USA : The Substance Abuse Counselor - LISW, Certified works under the general supervision of the Director of Behavioral Health. The Substance Abuse Counselor will work in collaboration with primary care ...... Apply Now>>
40 Substance Abuse Prevention Specialist Rock Island, IL, USA Plans, organizes, and delivers a program of substance abuse prevention and education, academic assistance, recreation to school students and families; prepares or assists in the preparation of ...... Apply Now>>