- Drug, Alcohol and Crisis Hotlines
- Crisis counselors are waiting for your call! You have the power to change your life, stop bad habits, treat addiction and seek help.
- Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Not all rehab centers are the same. A drug and alcohol rehabilitation treatment center should offer a variety of treatment programs, which may include inpatient, residential, outpatient and short-stay choices. Inpatient services are generally provided by a licensed hospital, while residential programs may not meet the same rigorous standards of medical care.
- Alcohol and Drug Education Programs
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Programs may be inpatient residential treatment centers, day or outpatient services. They may provide personal assessments for alcohol/drug abuse; coordinate comprehensive alcohol and drug education and referral programs; conduct training on alcohol and other drug issues; oversee peer education efforts for topics such as substance abuse, HIV/AIDS prevention, sexual assault and healthy eating and living; provide resource materials for the community; oversee programming efforts aimed at providing healthy alternatives to alcohol abuse.
- Psychologists may help people deal with drug and alcohol addictions, as well as underlying mental disorders such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (adhd), coping with traumatic events, depression and others.
- Psychiatric Hospitals
- Psychiatric hospitals, or psychiatric wards in general hospitals, specialize in treating mental illneses and disorders. Psychiatric hospitals offer an opportunity to get intensive treatment by doctors and trained specialists, such as nurses, occupational therapists, social workers, and psychologists
- Mental Health Centers and Services Locator
- Drug, alcohol and substance abuse problems may be results of underlying mental disorders. Millions of people suffer with various types of mental illness and mental health problems. Mental illness and psychological disorders have good treatment options with medications, psychotherapy, or other treatments.
- Psychiatrists are medical doctors who have the power to prescribe, and psychotropic medications are widely used in the field. Such medicines include antipsychotics; sedatives such as antidepressants, anxiolytics, hypnotics; and stimulants such as mood stabilizers and schizophrenia treatment drugs. Use of psychiatric drugs may correct chemical imbalances that contribute to underlying disorders.
- Child and Adolescent Guidance
- Unlike adults, adolescents in treatment have more family difficulties, are more likely to have psychological problems, and are more likely to have attempted suicide. Teens also tend to abuse multiple substances. Adolescent guidance programs for troubled teens may educate parents of troubled teens on child behavior including attention deficit disorder, add, adhd, drug abuse, teen depression, behavior modification or intervention programs.
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- According to research, marriage and family therapy is often more effective for alcoholism and drug abuse than standard or individual treatment. Marriage and Family Therapists are trained in psychotherapy and family systems, and they regularly practice short-term therapy -- 12 sessions on average.
- Social Workers
- Social workers often work hand-in-hand with the criminal justice system in dealing with alcohol and drug offenders. Social Workers and nurses may work together to provide a treatment programs for offenders, including alternative prescribing and counseling along with practical and emotional support.
Mental Health Jobs1 Substance Abuse Counselor Samburg, TN, USA Discharge summaries 3. Conducts psycho-educational modules for program participants. 4. Evaluates inmates referred for substance abuse treatment services to determine the appropriate level of ...... Apply Now>>
2 Behavioral Health Professional- Counselor Davenport, IA, USA Available Shift include (hr may vary): 3- 8am-5pm & 2- 12pm-9pm 4- 12pm-8:30pm & 1- 8am-5pm 4- 10am-7pm & 1- 8am-5pm Responsibilities Client/Patient Care · Will provide direct substance abuse ...... Apply Now>>
3 School based and Office Based Substance Abuse Counselor Baltimore, MD, USA We are now hiring for the following positions. 1. SCHOOL BASED SUBSTANCE ABUSE PREVENTION COUNSELOR TIME Organization has contracted with Baltimore City Schools to provide prevention activities and ...... Apply Now>>
4 Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor Hazard, KY, USA ... substance abuse and drug addiction; adults only (18 and older) 4. Will rotate working the 1st Saturday of every 3rd month... Apply Now>>
5 Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor Madisonville, KY, USA ... substance abuse and drug addiction; adults only... Apply Now>>
6 Substance Abuse Counselor Lewisville, TX, USA We are seeking a Substance Abuse Counselor to join our team! You will be responsible for implementing effective treatment plans to clients in an individual or group setting. Primary responsibility ...... Apply Now>>
7 Substance Abuse Counselor Pontiac, MI, USA * Substance Use Specialists shall ensure that all aspects of the Clinical Screening process are conducted by: 1. Conducting a triage on all calls to determine if it emergent, urgent, or routine. 2. If ...... Apply Now>>
8 Clinical Director - Substance Abuse Newalla, OK, USA Position opening for a Clinical Director with a broad knowledge of mental health and substance abuse with a passion for excellent customer service. The Clinical Director will lead/supervise a ...... Apply Now>>
9 Substance Abuse Counselor Henning, TN, USA ... Substance Abuse Program. 2. Provides direct clinical services to the patients of the Substance Abuse Treatment program as a primary counselor. 3. As the primary counselor, completes initial ...... Apply Now>>
10 Master's Level substance abuse therapist Troy, MI, USA We are looking for qualified candidates who are experienced in Substance Abuse to join our new office in downtown Detroit! Qualifications : Candidates must possess a Master's: LCSW, LP, LLP, LPC ...... Apply Now>>
11 Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor (LSATP, LCSW, LPC) Woodbridge, VA, USA The GPW Substance Abuse Addiction Counselor, is a member of the Behavioral Health Practice, provides critical prevention, assessment and treatment interventions for individuals struggling with ...... Apply Now>>
12 SUBSTANCE ABUSE CLINICAL COUNSELOR NF4 Twentynine Palms, CA, USA SUBSTANCE ABUSE CLINICAL COUNSELOR NF4 ===== ##### Department of the Navy U.S. Marine Corps ##### TWENTY NINE PALMS MCCS Overview ----- - ##### Open & closing dates 07/09/2019 to 07/23/2019 ...... Apply Now>>
13 Substance Abuse Counselor Columbus, OH, USA We currently have a job position available for a part-time Substance Abuse Counselor. Must have a CDCA or higher credentials and prefer at least 1-2 years clinical experience in AOD or other drug or ...... Apply Now>>
14 Substance Abuse Counselor Anderson, SC, USA Position Summary The Counselor will work as part of a team to ensure quality substance abuse treatment is provided to all patients in accordance with federal, state, & local laws & regulations. The ...... Apply Now>>
15 Substance Abuse Counselor II Richmond, United States Substance Abuse Counselor II's plan, coordinate, and implement substance abuse counseling activities and coordinate with other departments to ensure the maximum utilization of resources available for ...... Apply Now>>
16 SUBSTANCE ABUSE TECHNICIAN - BAKER Sanderson, FL, USA Substance Abuse Technicians are responsible for: • Monitoring, observing, and ensuring the safety and well-being of clients in a substance abuse treatment program • Providing motivational and ...... Apply Now>>
17 Substance Abuse Counselor Flint, MI, USA We are seeking a Substance Abuse Counselor to join our team! You will be responsible for implementing effective treatment plans to clients in an individual or group setting. Responsibilities... Apply Now>>
18 Drug and Alcohol Specialist - Substance Abuse Specialist (Forensic) Doylestown, PA, USA ... government's substance abuse counseling certification board. * Possess or in the process of receiving full certification as an addictions counselor which may include the Certified Addictions ...... Apply Now>>
19 Substance Abuse Counselor (Full-Time Fri-Tues)- Shrewsbury, MA Shrewsbury, MA, USA Substance Abuse Counselor (Full-Time Fri-Tues)- Shrewsbury, MA + Jobs + Login + Independence Hall + Shrewsbury, MA, USA + 19.23 + Hourly + Full Time This is a full-time position and has full benefits ...... Apply Now>>
20 RESIDENTIAL (MASTER'S LEVEL & CADC or LPC/LSW) SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR - LAKE VILLA Lake Villa, IL, USA As Illinois' largest provider of substance abuse treatment, joining the team at Gateway Foundation Alcohol & Drug Treatment offers valuable experience with a variety of treatment methods as well as ...... Apply Now>>
21 Licensed/Certified Substance Abuse Counselor Job Fair 7.31.19 Middletown, NJ, USA Pinnacle Treatment Centers is a leading comprehensive provider of substance abuse treatment services to individuals that are addicted to drugs and / or alcohol. Founded in 2006, the Company has grown ...... Apply Now>>
22 Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor (LCAS) Raleigh, NC, USA Experience in substance abuse field is not required, but preferred * Qualified candidates will have a Master's degree in a related field * Must be LCAS. Must be able to bill for Medicaid and ...... Apply Now>>
23 Substance Abuse Counselor - Philadelphia. Community Education Centers is hiring a Substance Abuse Counselor br br The Substance Abuse Counselor will plan and conduct activities and counsel residents on an individual and group basis br br ...... Apply Now>>
24 Substance Abuse Counselor I Martindale, United States 1. Provides substance abuse counseling and recovery skills training; participates in offender orientation, educational and individual and process counseling groups in compliance with program ...... Apply Now>>
25 Substance Abuse Counselor Bristol, CT, USA Our Client is looking for a Substance Abuse Counselor to fill a position in the northwestern part of Connecticut. SUMMARY OF CLIENT'S DESCRIPTION OF THIS OPPORTUNITY This individual's primary role is ...... Apply Now>>
26 Bilingual Substance Abuse Counselor Prince George County, VA, USA Immediate opportunity for a bilingual Substance Abuse Counselor. Qualifications of Bilingual Substance Abuse Counselor: * Must fluently speak Spanish and English. * Licensed Clinical Alcohol & Drug ...... Apply Now>>
27 Addiction Medicine Physician Detroit, MI, USA During the assignment, a provider can expect to see adult patients for various cases of substance abuse. The provider's schedule will be flexible.... Apply Now>>
28 New York City Area Teaching Facility | Psychiatry Locums Job | Full-Time | Substance Abuse Albany, NY, USA New York City Area Teaching Facility | Psychiatry Locums Job | Full-Time | Substance Abuse Details/Requirements: --Two full-time Psychiatrists needed to work in the Substance Abuse Program at a well ...... Apply Now>>
29 LCSW Special Populations Substance Abuse Program Manager San Jose, CA, USA A brand-new position for LCSW Special Populations Substance Abuse Program Manager is now available at a successful outpatient medical center in the San Francisco Bay Area. Applicants for this ...... Apply Now>>
30 Licensed Physician - Substance abuse Jacksonville, FL, USA ... from substance use disorders. The responsibilities of this role will involve working closely with a multidisciplinary team to provide a high standard of medical care, which encompasses clinical ...... Apply Now>>
31 Substance Abuse Counselor **Sign on Bonus** Gloucester, VA, USA We are currently seeking experienced Certified Substance Abuse Counselors (CSAC) to join our team. Job Responsibilities · Assess the counseling needs of the client · Assessing client for substance ...... Apply Now>>
32 RN SUBSTANCE ABUSE TREATMENT CENTER Albuquerque, United States This is a new Substance Abuse Treatment Ctr. Provide professional nursing care for assigned patients in a mental health/psychiatric environment. Design nursing care plans and assist in the ...... Apply Now>>
33 Substance Abuse Counselor - Drug & Alcohol Counselor - D&A City of Philadelphia, PA, USA We are actively recruiting for experienced Substance Abuse Counselors. If you possess a Master's degree or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in a clinical mental health discipline ...... Apply Now>>
34 Substance Abuse Counselor Aberdeen, MD, USA Looking for a Substance Abuse Counselor with proper certification and at least 1 year of experience Benefits At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of ...... Apply Now>>
35 Substance Abuse Counselor Portsmouth, VA, USA Sterling Medical currently seeks a Substance Abuse Counselor to provide services full-time as a contracted employee with the U.S. Naval base in Portsmouth VA. The Counselor will provide services 40 ...... Apply Now>>
36 SUBSTANCE ABUSE SPECIALIST-QUEENS ACT Queens, NY, USA POSTGRADUATE CENTER FOR MENTAL HEALTH SUBSTANCE ABUSE SPECIALIST- QUEENS ACT Postgraduate Center for Mental Health (PCMH) is seeking a Substance Abuse Specialist for its QUEENS ACT Team. The ...... Apply Now>>
37 Substance Abuse Residential Therapist / Counselor Homestead, FL, USA Substance Abuse Residential Level 2 Work Location: 1020 N Krome Avenue, Homestead, FL 33030 Summary: Provides assessment and clinical treatment to all clients presented to the center by utilizing ...... Apply Now>>
38 Social Worker (Substance Abuse) Sierra Vista, AZ, USA Social Worker (Substance Abuse) ===== ##### Department of the Army U.S. Army Medical Command Overview ----- - ##### Open & closing dates 07/13/2019 to 07/19/2019 - ##### Service Competitive ...... Apply Now>>
39 Lead Substance Abuse Specialist BHP - MACT Phoenix, AZ, USA ... substance abuse and/or marriage and family counseling. LPC, LCSW, LAC, LISAC accepted. Valid AZ State Driver's License, vehicle with state minimum insurance coverage and able to meet PIR company ...... Apply Now>>
40 Qualified Professional - Mental Health - Substance Abuse Murphy, NC, USA Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC) certification preferred Company Description Appalachian Community Services (ACS) provides mental health, substance abuse, and intellectual/developmental ...... Apply Now>>