- Drug, Alcohol and Crisis Hotlines
- Crisis counselors are waiting for your call! You have the power to change your life, stop bad habits, treat addiction and seek help.
- Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Not all rehab centers are the same. A drug and alcohol rehabilitation treatment center should offer a variety of treatment programs, which may include inpatient, residential, outpatient and short-stay choices. Inpatient services are generally provided by a licensed hospital, while residential programs may not meet the same rigorous standards of medical care.
- Alcohol and Drug Education Programs
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Programs may be inpatient residential treatment centers, day or outpatient services. They may provide personal assessments for alcohol/drug abuse; coordinate comprehensive alcohol and drug education and referral programs; conduct training on alcohol and other drug issues; oversee peer education efforts for topics such as substance abuse, HIV/AIDS prevention, sexual assault and healthy eating and living; provide resource materials for the community; oversee programming efforts aimed at providing healthy alternatives to alcohol abuse.
- Psychologists may help people deal with drug and alcohol addictions, as well as underlying mental disorders such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (adhd), coping with traumatic events, depression and others.
- Psychiatric Hospitals
- Psychiatric hospitals, or psychiatric wards in general hospitals, specialize in treating mental illneses and disorders. Psychiatric hospitals offer an opportunity to get intensive treatment by doctors and trained specialists, such as nurses, occupational therapists, social workers, and psychologists
- Mental Health Centers and Services Locator
- Drug, alcohol and substance abuse problems may be results of underlying mental disorders. Millions of people suffer with various types of mental illness and mental health problems. Mental illness and psychological disorders have good treatment options with medications, psychotherapy, or other treatments.
- Psychiatrists are medical doctors who have the power to prescribe, and psychotropic medications are widely used in the field. Such medicines include antipsychotics; sedatives such as antidepressants, anxiolytics, hypnotics; and stimulants such as mood stabilizers and schizophrenia treatment drugs. Use of psychiatric drugs may correct chemical imbalances that contribute to underlying disorders.
- Child and Adolescent Guidance
- Unlike adults, adolescents in treatment have more family difficulties, are more likely to have psychological problems, and are more likely to have attempted suicide. Teens also tend to abuse multiple substances. Adolescent guidance programs for troubled teens may educate parents of troubled teens on child behavior including attention deficit disorder, add, adhd, drug abuse, teen depression, behavior modification or intervention programs.
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- According to research, marriage and family therapy is often more effective for alcoholism and drug abuse than standard or individual treatment. Marriage and Family Therapists are trained in psychotherapy and family systems, and they regularly practice short-term therapy -- 12 sessions on average.
- Social Workers
- Social workers often work hand-in-hand with the criminal justice system in dealing with alcohol and drug offenders. Social Workers and nurses may work together to provide a treatment programs for offenders, including alternative prescribing and counseling along with practical and emotional support.
Mental Health Jobs1 Substance Abuse Conselor Camillus, NY, USA The Substance Abuse Counselor is a full-time staff member of a multidisciplinary team in a NYS OASAS Part 822-4 Outpatient Substance Abuse Clinic. The counselor provides direct individual, group and ...... Apply Now>>
2 Substance Abuse Counselor Boston, MA, USA As a Substance Abuse Counselor you will be doing your part in fighting the current Opioid/Substance Abuse epidemic as a key member of a dynamic multidisciplinary team working directly with clients ...... Apply Now>>
3 Clinical Substance Abuse Counselor Dover, OH, USA D.) with substance abuse/addictions counseling experience to develop a substance abuse program providing outpatient individual and group therapy for our growing Dover, OH group practice. The ...... Apply Now>>
4 Substance Abuse Counselor for IOP and OP services Baltimore, MD, USA A basic knowledge of substance abuse and dual diagnosis is essential. The individual is responsible for ensuring that clinical and administrative services are provided for patients and their families... Apply Now>>
5 Substance Abuse Counselor, TCADC or CADC (Somerset) Somerset, KY, USA Requirements The most qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor's degree or equivalent and hold a TCADC or CADC in Kentucky, or a recognized substance abuse certification from a National Board... Apply Now>>
6 SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR, NYS LCSW or Qualified Health Professional Freeport, NY, USA The Substance Abuse Counselor is responsible for providing treatment and services in accordance with New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (O.A.S.A.S.) 822 Outpatient ...... Apply Now>>
7 Substance Abuse Couselor (Denver) Denver, CO, USA Requirements The most qualified candidates will possess a Masters degree or a recognized substance abuse certification from a National Board. With 2 years minimum experience with Substance Use ...... Apply Now>>
8 Clinician - Substance Abuse Goochland, VA, USA SUBSTANCE USE DISORDER CLINICIAN F/T with Goochland-Powhatan Community Services. Requires Master's Degree in a human services field & Licensed or license-eligible status. Salary range $41,122- $43 ...... Apply Now>>
9 Substance Abuse Counselor Duval, FL, USA Experience in substance abuse field is not required, but preferred. Qualified candidates will have a Masters degree in a related field. · Required Knowledge: Master-level knowledge. · Experience ...... Apply Now>>
10 Substance Abuse Treatment Program Manager Winston-Salem, NC, USA The Program Manager works under the direction of the State Director of Substance Abuse Services in developing, implementing, managing and evaluating NC services such that the programming and ...... Apply Now>>
11 Substance Abuse Counselor Murrieta, CA, USA Residential Treatment Center in Murrieta is looking for qualified individuals for the position of Substance Abuse Counselor. The qualified individual will report to Clinical Manager. Candidates ...... Apply Now>>
12 Substance Abuse Counselor Thomasville, NC, USA Seeking Full-Time Substance Abuse Counselor candidates for an outpatient opioid treatment facility located at our new location in Thomasville, NC. Must effectively communicate with patients and staff ...... Apply Now>>
13 Substance Abuse Counselor 4 Richmond, IN, USA Substance Abuse Counselor 4 Location: Richmond, IN 47374 Duration: Right to hire Summary: * To provide Substance Abuse information and counseling to clients as they attempt to deal with their ...... Apply Now>>
14 Substance Abuse Counselor Raleigh, NC, USA Have significant clinical experience in both substance abuse and mental health evaluation and treatment, with licensure in both fields (i.e. LCAS & LPC) * Have direct experience with and/or good ...... Apply Now>>
15 SBIRT Behavioral Health Specialist -Community Health Worker Richmond, TX, USA The Specialist is an employee of Fort Bend Regional Council on Substance Abuse and is housed at Access Health, a Federally Qualified Health Clinic in Richmond, Texas. The best candidate will have 2-3 ...... Apply Now>>
16 Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC 2 required) Staten Island, NY, USA Case recording including responsibility for maintaining current and follow-up documentation according to the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) * Possess ...... Apply Now>>
17 Substance Abuse Counselor Waynesboro, PA, USA ... substance abuse counseling certification board. 5) Current licensure in this Commonwealth as a physician. 6) Current licensure in this Commonwealth as a registered nurse and a degree from an ...... Apply Now>>
18 Substance Abuse Counselor Wilmington, NC, USA We are licensed for SACOT (Substance Abuse Comprehensive Outpatient Treatment) and SAIOP (Substance Abuse Intensive Outpatient Program). What we are looking for: A full-time LCAS/LPC who is capable ...... Apply Now>>
19 Substance Abuse Counselor Duncan, SC, USA Position Summary The Counselor will work as part of a team to ensure quality substance abuse treatment is provided to all patients in accordance with federal, state, & local laws & regulations. The ...... Apply Now>>
20 Substance Abuse Counselors Baltimore, MD, USA We are searching for Substance Abuse Counselors for our facilities in the Baltimore area! Drug and Alcohol Counselors are capable of performing independent work in the therapeutic care, treatment and ...... Apply Now>>
21 Substance Abuse Counselor (Night Shift) Azusa, CA, USA This is a program treating individuals with co-occurring mental health and substance abuse issues. Facilitate groups and recreational activities as assigned. Assure the general health and safety of ...... Apply Now>>
22 Substance Abuse Counselor Fort Myers, FL, USA Substance Abuse Counselor (hereafter represented by SAC) is responsible to provide addiction education/ individual / group counseling and life skills application as well as demonstrate an ...... Apply Now>>
23 Substance Abuse Counselor Los Angeles, CA, USA Provides substance abuse counseling and rehabilitation services under the direction of the supervising counselor. Job Description: Interviews clients for intake work-ups and social history. Assumes ...... Apply Now>>
24 Substance Abuse Specialist Alexandria, United States ... a Substance Abuse Specialist. This position will be a part of a multidisciplinary Assertive Community Team (ACT) that provides direct integrated chemical and mental health services for adult ...... Apply Now>>
25 SENIOR SUBSTANCE ABUSE SPECIALIST Fresno, United States Senior Substance Abuse Specialists responsibilities include assessing client needs; providing substance abuse education; providing individual, group and family counseling for substance use disorders ...... Apply Now>>
26 Substance Abuse Counselor Arlington Heights, IL, USA Job Purpose : Provides substance abuse counseling services including but not limited to assessment, treatment planning, long-term counseling, psycho-education, case management, advocacy, and ...... Apply Now>>
27 Male Substance Abuse Counselor Wayne, PA, USA We are seeking a Substance Abuse Counselor to join our team! You will be responsible for implementing effective treatment plans to clients in an individual and group setting. Hours for this position ...... Apply Now>>
28 Substance Abuse Counselor Richmond, VA, USA Substance Abuse Counselors sought for private outpatient agency in the Richmond area. There is an immediate opening for 2 SA therapists. The ideal candidate must be state licensed or certified and ...... Apply Now>>
29 Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor Charlotte, NC, USA McLeod Center Charlotte has an immediate full-time opening for a Substance Abuse Counselor. The SA Counselor will perform all clinical functions for which qualified, including: clinical lectures ...... Apply Now>>
30 Substance Abuse Counselor Saint Paul, MN, USA Part time, Counselor. This position is Monday- Thursday 8:00-noon with some flexibility in hours. Position will provide direct client care with group and individual sessions, need to complete ...... Apply Now>>
31 Substance Abuse Counselors Wilmington, DE, USA Services include specialty programs for pregnant and parenting mothers, adolescents, and people suffering from co-occurring mental illness and substance abuse. Gaudenzia continues to improve and ...... Apply Now>>
32 Substance Abuse Counselor/ Primary Therapist Miami, FL, USA Substance Abuse Counselor/ Group facilitator Company: Adolescent Drug and Alcohol Addiction Treatment Center Description: Our drug and alcohol addiction treatment center is looking for a substance ...... Apply Now>>
33 Counselor - Substance Abuse/ Adolescents IOP Lansdale, PA, USA The Rehab after Work Substance Abuse Clinician supports clients in their journey toward recovery and wellness by providing counseling for individuals, groups, and families and helping to develop and ...... Apply Now>>
34 Substance Abuse Counselor - Residential Program Menomonie, WI, USA Arbor Place, Inc. is seeking a motivated professional to join our clinical team within our adult residential substance abuse treatment program. General duties within this position include: Providing ...... Apply Now>>
35 Substance Abuse Counselor Passaic, NJ, USA Substance Abuse Counselor Door into the Future is currently looking for substance abuse counselors at our Passaic, NJ location. Full and part time available Job Description : This position will ...... Apply Now>>
36 Substance Abuse Counselor Los Angeles, CA, USA Educational Requirements: · Substance Abuse Counselor certification from an approved California agency is required. · BA Degree in psychology, social work or related field a plus- but; not ...... Apply Now>>
37 Substance Abuse Specialist I & II Brooklyn, NY, USA Substance Abuse Specialist I: High School Diploma or equivalent. Minimum of three years of experience in providing direct serviced to individuals with mental disabilities including at least one year ...... Apply Now>>
38 Substance Abuse Counselor Dothan, AL, USA SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR We are looking for a counselor who wants to make a difference in the lives of our clients. Counselor duties include providing substance abuse treatment including ...... Apply Now>>
39 Substance Abuse Counselor and Male Urinalysis Technician - Full Time Riverside, CA, USA Position Summary We are currently hiring a full time (40 hours per week), state-certified Substance Abuse Counselor and Male Urinalysis Technician for our Riverside and Palm Desert locations. The ...... Apply Now>>
40 Substance Abuse Counselor/CSAC Pulaski, VA, USA Assessing client for substance abuse diagnosis using DSM criteria in determining appropriate level of care based on ASAM criteria * Obtain previous records that are relevant to the current treatment ...... Apply Now>>