- Drug, Alcohol and Crisis Hotlines
- Crisis counselors are waiting for your call! You have the power to change your life, stop bad habits, treat addiction and seek help.
- Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Not all rehab centers are the same. A drug and alcohol rehabilitation treatment center should offer a variety of treatment programs, which may include inpatient, residential, outpatient and short-stay choices. Inpatient services are generally provided by a licensed hospital, while residential programs may not meet the same rigorous standards of medical care.
- Alcohol and Drug Education Programs
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Programs may be inpatient residential treatment centers, day or outpatient services. They may provide personal assessments for alcohol/drug abuse; coordinate comprehensive alcohol and drug education and referral programs; conduct training on alcohol and other drug issues; oversee peer education efforts for topics such as substance abuse, HIV/AIDS prevention, sexual assault and healthy eating and living; provide resource materials for the community; oversee programming efforts aimed at providing healthy alternatives to alcohol abuse.
- Psychologists may help people deal with drug and alcohol addictions, as well as underlying mental disorders such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (adhd), coping with traumatic events, depression and others.
- Psychiatric Hospitals
- Psychiatric hospitals, or psychiatric wards in general hospitals, specialize in treating mental illneses and disorders. Psychiatric hospitals offer an opportunity to get intensive treatment by doctors and trained specialists, such as nurses, occupational therapists, social workers, and psychologists
- Mental Health Centers and Services Locator
- Drug, alcohol and substance abuse problems may be results of underlying mental disorders. Millions of people suffer with various types of mental illness and mental health problems. Mental illness and psychological disorders have good treatment options with medications, psychotherapy, or other treatments.
- Psychiatrists are medical doctors who have the power to prescribe, and psychotropic medications are widely used in the field. Such medicines include antipsychotics; sedatives such as antidepressants, anxiolytics, hypnotics; and stimulants such as mood stabilizers and schizophrenia treatment drugs. Use of psychiatric drugs may correct chemical imbalances that contribute to underlying disorders.
- Child and Adolescent Guidance
- Unlike adults, adolescents in treatment have more family difficulties, are more likely to have psychological problems, and are more likely to have attempted suicide. Teens also tend to abuse multiple substances. Adolescent guidance programs for troubled teens may educate parents of troubled teens on child behavior including attention deficit disorder, add, adhd, drug abuse, teen depression, behavior modification or intervention programs.
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- According to research, marriage and family therapy is often more effective for alcoholism and drug abuse than standard or individual treatment. Marriage and Family Therapists are trained in psychotherapy and family systems, and they regularly practice short-term therapy -- 12 sessions on average.
- Social Workers
- Social workers often work hand-in-hand with the criminal justice system in dealing with alcohol and drug offenders. Social Workers and nurses may work together to provide a treatment programs for offenders, including alternative prescribing and counseling along with practical and emotional support.
Mental Health Jobs1 Substance Abuse Counselor - CASAC Oneida, NY, USA Growing non-profit counseling agency seeks Substance Abuse Counselors to join our team! Opportunities are now available in our outpatient chemical dependency clinic in Oneida, NY as well as our brand ...... Apply Now>>
2 Substance Abuse Counselor Job Not Paying the Bills? Drive with Lyft & Earn Extra Cash What is Lyft? Driving with Lyft is the perfect way to earn great money on any schedule (part-time, full-time, seasonal, hourly, or temporary) and Lyft Drivers can receive payment same-day through ...... Apply Now>>
3 Substance Abuse Counselor Madison, WI, USA Clinicians with experience and interest in clinical supervision of others working with substance abuse clients will be given special consideration. Wisconsin licensure eligibility is required. Send ...... Apply Now>>
4 Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC) Danville, VA, USA Crossroads Treatment Centers is seeking a full-time Certified Substance Abuse Counselor for our Danville location. Applicants MUST hold a CSAC in Virginia. Responsibilities: * Completing assessments ...... Apply Now>>
5 Substance Abuse Counselor (Danville) Danville, VA, USA Crossroads Treatment Centers is seeking a full-time Substance Abuse Counselor for Danville. Qualified candidates will possess a minimum of a Bachelors' degree in social sciences and hold a LCSW, LPC ...... Apply Now>>
6 Substance Abuse Disorder Therapist - Youth and Family Saint Louis, MO, USA The therapist's responsibilities include providing individual and group substance abuse treatment to youth and their families using an evidence-based treatment model, linking or referring clients to ...... Apply Now>>
7 Substance Abuse Counselors Ashland, PA, USA SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELORS NEEDED IN ASHLAND, PA. We are currently seeking FT Substance Abuse Counselors for our Women with Children facility in Ashland, PA. This individual is responsible for ...... Apply Now>>
8 Substance Abuse Counselor Kennett Square, PA, USA Substance Abuse Counselor Job Title: Behavioral Health Consultant (Substance Abuse) Organization: La Comunidad Hispana Location: Kennett Square&Oxford, PA Reports to: Behavioral Health Manager Status... Apply Now>>
9 Certified Substance Abuse Counselor Danville, VA, USA Job Summary A certified substance abuse counselor shall be qualified to perform, under appropriate supervision or direction, the substance abuse treatment functions of screening, intake, orientation ...... Apply Now>>
10 Substance Abuse Counselor Fitchburg, MA, USA Substance abuse counselor will provide treatment and support to individuals in their recovery from addictions, such as alcoholism, drug addiction, eating disorders or other behavioral problems. Also ...... Apply Now>>
11 Substance Abuse Counselor Owensboro, KY, USA Pinnacle Treatment Centers is a leading comprehensive provider of substance abuse treatment services to individuals that are addicted to drugs and / or alcohol. Founded in 2006, the Company has grown ...... Apply Now>>
12 Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor Gastonia, NC, USA McLeod Center Gastonia has an immediate full-time opening for a Substance Abuse Counselor. The SA Counselor will perform all clinical functions for which qualified, including: clinical lectures ...... Apply Now>>
13 Counselor - Substance Abuse IOP, evening hours Paoli, PA, USA The Rehab after Work Substance Abuse Clinician supports clients in their journey toward recovery and wellness by providing counseling for individuals, groups, and families and helping to develop and ...... Apply Now>>
14 Addiction Substance Abuse Counselor LADC or Dually Licensed Counselor LPC LADC Maple Lake, MN, USA Excellent opportunity to help adolescents to recover from addiction and related behaviors. Maple Lake Recovery Centers offers an excellent salary and benefits package including 401K match and paid ...... Apply Now>>
15 Substance Abuse Counselor Phillipsburg, NJ, USA We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color ...... Apply Now>>
16 Substance Abuse Counselor Shallotte, NC, USA Seeking full-time Substance Abuse Counselor position for an outpatient opioid treatment facility located in Shallotte, NC. Must effectively communicate with patients and staff, maintain patient ...... Apply Now>>
17 Substance Abuse Counselor Cleveland, OH, USA We are seeking a Substance Abuse Counselor to join our team! You will be responsible for implementing effective treatment plans to clients in an individual or group setting. Responsibilities... Apply Now>>
18 Substance Abuse Counselor Harrisonburg, VA, USA I currently have a great opportunity for a Substance Abuse Counselor full-time with our clinic in Harrisonburg, VA. Job Duties: (include but are not limited to): * Work with patient to complete all ...... Apply Now>>
19 Substance Abuse Counselor New Martinsville, WV, USA Provide substance abuse counseling services in group and individual sessions, conduct assessments, prepare reports, and data entry into data bases. Work location will be at the Wetzel-Tyler Day ...... Apply Now>>
20 Counselor I Annapolis, MD, USA Familiarity with, and agreement to adhere to, established core competencies, global criteria and ethical standards for Substance Abuse Counseling. Required License/Certifications: * CAC-AD required... Apply Now>>
21 CASAC - Credentialed Alcohol & Substance Abuse Counselor - Per Diem New York, NY, USA We are seeking a Per Diem CASAC (Credentialed Alcohol & Substance Abuse Counselor) to join our team! You will be responsible for implementing effective treatment plans to clients in an individual or ...... Apply Now>>
22 Substance Abuse Counselor Los Angeles, CA, USA Su mm a r y With the support of and in partnership with the MIT team, the Substance Abuse Counselor performs a variety of tasks to assist the most vulnerable and chronically homeless individuals in ...... Apply Now>>
23 Substance Use Disorder Counselor Stafford, TX, USA The Fort Bend Regional Council on Substance Abuse is seeking a full-time Counselor for an outpatient treatment program in Stafford, Texas. This position requires an LCDC, LMFT, LPC or LCSW credential... Apply Now>>
24 Supervisor-Substance Abuse Program Glen Oaks, NY, USA The mission of our Substance Abuse Program Supervisor is to provide administrative and clinical services for the Substance Abuse Program. You must be able to coordinate daily activities to ensure ...... Apply Now>>
25 Substance Abuse Intensive Outpatient Program Manager-FT Bristow, VA, USA Certified Substance Abuse Counselor/CSAC or Licensed Substance Abuse Treatment Practitioner/LSATP wanted for expanding substance abuse counseling and Intensive Outpatient program for adolescents and ...... Apply Now>>
26 Care Manager Supervisor - Substance Abuse Specialist Rochelle Park, NJ, USA We serve youth ages 5 to 21, with serious behavioral health challenges, substance abuse issues and developmental disabilities. Youth with chronic co-occurring behavioral and specific medical health ...... Apply Now>>
27 Substance Abuse Counselor Folsom, CA, USA ... Substance abuse counseling experience is preferred Company Description Family Medical Clinic is a small clinic located at Sacramento. We see patients from adult thru geriatric... Apply Now>>
28 Certified Substance Abuse Counselor CSAC Wahiawā, HI, USA The Counselor is a provider of outpatient substance abuse treatment under the supervision of the Clinical Supervisor. The program funded by third party contracts (i.e. Ohana, UHA, HMSA) provide ...... Apply Now>>
29 Substance Abuse Counselor - Queens Queens, NY, USA Counseling Service of Eastern District New York (CSEDNY) a non-profit organization that provides treatment alternatives to incarceration currently seeks a Substance Abuse Counselor for its Queens ...... Apply Now>>
30 SUBSTANCE ABUSE & MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST Howell, MI, USA SUBSTANCE ABUSE & MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST Livingston County Catholic Charities is looking to add a full-time therapist to provide Outpatient Sex Offender Counseling, Outpatient Substance Abuse ...... Apply Now>>
31 Substance Abuse Outpatient Counselor Chicago, IL, USA Our services include counseling, mental health, substance abuse treatment, housing and services for older adults, programs for prisoners and their families and a variety of services for children ...... Apply Now>>
32 ACT Substance Abuse Specialist Phoenix, AZ, USA POSITION SUMMARY As the Substance Abuse Specialist on one of our ACT teams, you will provide, coordinate and monitor substance abuse interventions in a community setting. You will also participate in ...... Apply Now>>
33 Residential Substance Abuse Counselor East Hazel Crest, IL, USA Must be familiar with Evidence Based Treatment Models, CBT, MET, Motivational Interviewing, etc., and have a thorough knowledge of the disease model of alcoholism and substance abuse and its ...... Apply Now>>
34 Substance Abuse Case Manager Santa Ana, CA, USA New Start Recovery is hiring qualified substance abuse case managers for a Case Management position. New Start Recovery is seeking eligible/certified individuals to join an experienced and ...... Apply Now>>
35 Substance Abuse Counselor (Community Treatment) Wausau, WI, USA Purpose The Substance Abuse Counselor provides community-based case management and psychosocial rehabilitation in collaboration with the consumer and recovery team members. The Substance Abuse ...... Apply Now>>
36 Substance Abuse Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA Minimum of 3 years direct clinical practice in substance abuse/mental health and minimum of 1 year supervisory/administrative experience required * Strong working knowledge of mental health symptoms ...... Apply Now>>
37 Chemical Dependency Counselor/ Case Manager San Juan Capistrano, CA, USA Company Description Monarch Shores is a licensed and certified substance abuse rehab center in California that specializes in providing individualized treatment plans. Our physician-led ...... Apply Now>>
38 Substance Abuse Counselor II Job #BH17-132 Substance Abuse Counselor II (HS Specialist II/QMHP) Adult Behavioral Health/Chemical Dependency Recruitment closes February 2, 2018 at 3:00 p.m This is a regular full-time position for ...... Apply Now>>
39 LPC/Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC) - Bilingual/Spanish Beloit, WI, USA CHS in Beloit, WI seeks a full-time LPC/Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC) - Bilingual/Spanish to join our growing Behavioral Health Team. With Monday-Friday 8am-5pm clinic hours, generous ...... Apply Now>>
40 Addiction Counselor Reseda, CA, USA Substance abuse treatment experience * Flexibility and willingness are great attributes * Certified Credentialing in Addiction Treatment Counseling (CADC etc) Addiction Treatment Counselor Schedule... Apply Now>>