- Drug, Alcohol and Crisis Hotlines
- Crisis counselors are waiting for your call! You have the power to change your life, stop bad habits, treat addiction and seek help.
- Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Not all rehab centers are the same. A drug and alcohol rehabilitation treatment center should offer a variety of treatment programs, which may include inpatient, residential, outpatient and short-stay choices. Inpatient services are generally provided by a licensed hospital, while residential programs may not meet the same rigorous standards of medical care.
- Alcohol and Drug Education Programs
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Programs may be inpatient residential treatment centers, day or outpatient services. They may provide personal assessments for alcohol/drug abuse; coordinate comprehensive alcohol and drug education and referral programs; conduct training on alcohol and other drug issues; oversee peer education efforts for topics such as substance abuse, HIV/AIDS prevention, sexual assault and healthy eating and living; provide resource materials for the community; oversee programming efforts aimed at providing healthy alternatives to alcohol abuse.
- Psychologists may help people deal with drug and alcohol addictions, as well as underlying mental disorders such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (adhd), coping with traumatic events, depression and others.
- Psychiatric Hospitals
- Psychiatric hospitals, or psychiatric wards in general hospitals, specialize in treating mental illneses and disorders. Psychiatric hospitals offer an opportunity to get intensive treatment by doctors and trained specialists, such as nurses, occupational therapists, social workers, and psychologists
- Mental Health Centers and Services Locator
- Drug, alcohol and substance abuse problems may be results of underlying mental disorders. Millions of people suffer with various types of mental illness and mental health problems. Mental illness and psychological disorders have good treatment options with medications, psychotherapy, or other treatments.
- Psychiatrists are medical doctors who have the power to prescribe, and psychotropic medications are widely used in the field. Such medicines include antipsychotics; sedatives such as antidepressants, anxiolytics, hypnotics; and stimulants such as mood stabilizers and schizophrenia treatment drugs. Use of psychiatric drugs may correct chemical imbalances that contribute to underlying disorders.
- Child and Adolescent Guidance
- Unlike adults, adolescents in treatment have more family difficulties, are more likely to have psychological problems, and are more likely to have attempted suicide. Teens also tend to abuse multiple substances. Adolescent guidance programs for troubled teens may educate parents of troubled teens on child behavior including attention deficit disorder, add, adhd, drug abuse, teen depression, behavior modification or intervention programs.
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- According to research, marriage and family therapy is often more effective for alcoholism and drug abuse than standard or individual treatment. Marriage and Family Therapists are trained in psychotherapy and family systems, and they regularly practice short-term therapy -- 12 sessions on average.
- Social Workers
- Social workers often work hand-in-hand with the criminal justice system in dealing with alcohol and drug offenders. Social Workers and nurses may work together to provide a treatment programs for offenders, including alternative prescribing and counseling along with practical and emotional support.
Mental Health Jobs1 Substance Abuse Counselor Job Not Paying the Bills? Drive with Uber & San Bernardino, CA, USA Drive with Uber and get paid weekly in fares by helping our community of riders get around town. Driving with Uber is a great way to earn cash on your schedule. The more you drive, the more you can ...... Apply Now>>
2 Substance Abuse Counselor - Certified/Registered San Francisco, CA, USA Job Description Full-Time Lead Counselor - BAART Turk/Market Clinic BAART Programs is a leader in providing substance abuse treatment programs and primary care to people in need throughout the State ...... Apply Now>>
3 Substance Abuse Counselor Reseda, CA, USA ... substance abuse issues · Interview clients, review charts, and confer with treatment team to evaluate individuals' best course of treatment · Conduct bio-psychosocial assessments · Develop client ...... Apply Now>>
4 Outpatient Substance Abuse Counselor CADAC Richmond, IN, USA We are currently seeking a full-time Substance Abuse Counselor for our Richmond facility. Hours are 6:00 AM -2:30 PM -M-F and 1 weekend day per month. Richmond Comprehensive Treatment Center is a ...... Apply Now>>
5 Outpatient Substance Abuse Clinical Supervisor Boston, MA, USA Boston CTC is a comprehensive outpatient substance abuse treatment facility serving patients diagnosed with the disease of addiction. The qualified candidate will work closely in a team environment ...... Apply Now>>
6 Outpatient Substance Abuse Counselor Fitchburg, MA, USA Habit OpCo Fitchburg Comprehensive Treatment Center We are currently seeking a full-time Substance Abuse Counselor for our Fitchburg CTC facility. Hours are 5:30 AM TO 1:30 pm with some flexibility... Apply Now>>
7 Substance Abuse Counselor Greensboro, NC, USA Currently seeking a full-time Substance Abuse Counselor to join our team and work with our Primary Treatment program. Opportunity is available in our Men’s gender-specific programs. Individual will ...... Apply Now>>
8 Outpatient Substance Abuse Counselor SAC SAC IT CSAC Madison, WI, USA We are currently seeking a full-time Substance Abuse Counselor for our Madison West facility. Hours are 5:00 am to 2:00 pm Madison West Treatment Center is a comprehensive outpatient substance abuse ...... Apply Now>>
9 Outpatient Substance Abuse Counselor CSAC SAC Eau Claire, WI, USA We are currently seeking a full-time Substance Abuse Counselor for our Eau Claire facility. Hours are M-F 5:00 am - 1:30 pm. Rotating Saturdays 5:00am - 10:00 pm North West Wisconsin Comprehensive ...... Apply Now>>
10 Substance Abuse Specialist, ACT New York, NY, USA The Substance Abuse Counselor provides substance abuse services and consultation as a member of a mobile multi-disciplinary treatment team; this role is comprised of 80% field work, travel is ...... Apply Now>>
11 Substance Abuse Counselor - LCAS Durham, NC, USA Substance Abuse Counselor - LCAS Position Description: The primary role of this position is to provide treatment for substance abusing women and their children. Essential Duties and Responsibilities ...... Apply Now>>
12 Substance Abuse Consultant Arlington, VA, USA Scope of Work Substance Abuse Consultant Arlington County Department of Human Service (DHS), Behavioral Healthcare Division, is in search of a bi-lingual Substance Abuse Consultant. Background: The ...... Apply Now>>
13 Substance Abuse Counselor - Spanish Speaking West Haverstraw, NY, USA S ubstance Abuse Counselor - Spanish Speaking - Full Time Lexington Center for Recovery is one of the largest provider of alcoholism and substance abuse treatment in the Hudson Valley. With ...... Apply Now>>
14 Substance Abuse Counselor Albuquerque, NM, USA Substance Abuse Counselor Description Job Summary: * Colonial Management Group, LP (CMG) operates a number of nationally recognized and accredited methadone treatment centers dedicated to helping ...... Apply Now>>
15 Outpatient Substance Abuse Counselor CSAC LPC Racine, WI, USA We are currently seeking a full-time Substance Abuse Counselor for our Racine Comprehensive Treatment Center facility. Hours are 5AM-1:30 PM ,Tuesday Through Saturday. Racine Comprehensive Treatment ...... Apply Now>>
16 Outpatient Substance Abuse Therapist - $1,000 Sign On Bonus Triadelphia, WV, USA We are currently seeking a full-time Substance Abuse Therapist for our Wheeling Comprehensive Treatment Center. Hours are Monday - Friday, 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM Wheeling Treatment Center is a ...... Apply Now>>
17 Substance Abuse Counselor CSAC SAC LCSW LPC APSW LPC-IT West Milwaukee, WI, USA We are currently seeking a full-time Substance Abuse/ Mental Health Counselor for our West Milwaukee facility. Hours are Mon- Fri 6:00-2:30 West Milwaukee Comprehensive Treatment Center is a ...... Apply Now>>
18 Substance Abuse Clinician - MSW or LCSW or LMSW - (Nonprofit Social Wo New York, NY, USA Substance Abuse Clinician - MSW or LCSW or LMSW (Social Work / Nonprofit Behavioral Health & Social Services) Job Description If you are passionate about helping others and looking for an opportunity ...... Apply Now>>
19 Substance Abuse Counselors Bangor, ME, USA Two Substance Abuse Counselors needed for new Women's Residential Substance Abuse Program serving Women and their Children in Bangor Maine: Skills in individual and group substance abuse counseling ...... Apply Now>>
20 Substance Abuse Counselor Gainesville, GA, USA Will have specific expertise in providing substance abuse treatment. * Will have clinical skills and experience to assess, plan and develop, coordinate and provide treatment, rehabilitation and ...... Apply Now>>
21 Nutritionist, Substance Abuse Counselor, Family NP Orangeburg, SC, USA Substance Abuse Counselor (LMSW or LPC) must be a SC Certified Addictions (drug and alcohol) Counselor and be able to provide billable patient services. A Masters Degree is required. Salary is $50 ...... Apply Now>>
22 Substance Abuse Counselor/ Rehab Specialist Los Angeles, CA, USA We are seeking a Co-Occurring Rehab Specialist ( Substance Abuse Counselor) to work collaboratively with bachelor level case managers, psychiatrists, and other professionals to provide comprehensive ...... Apply Now>>
23 Substance Abuse Counselor - Philadelphia. Community Education Centers is hiring a Substance Abuse Counselor br br The Substance Abuse Counselor will plan and conduct activities and counsel residents on an individual and group basis br br ...... Apply Now>>
24 Substance Abuse Services Counselor Petersburg, VA, USA Poplar Springs Hospital is seeking a Substance Abuse Services Coordinator in Petersburg, VA with the following requirements: Master’s degree in Counseling, Psychology or Social Service Field plus 5 ...... Apply Now>>
25 Therapist - Mental Health/Substance Abuse Madison, IN, USA Therapists work with a variety of clientdiagnoses and age groups; experience working with substance abuse and/or dualdiagnosis is particularly desired. This position requires a Master’s degree in ...... Apply Now>>
26 Substance Abuse Counselor- SCI Georgetown, DE, USA Obtains continuing education as related to substance abuse position. * Performs other duties as assigned/needed. * Other duties as assigned. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities * Clinical Knowledge... Apply Now>>
27 Substance Abuse Recovery LPN Nurse Indianapolis, IN, USA Our Indianapolis Treatment Center provides superior outpatient drug treatment to men and women struggling with opiate addiction and other substance abuse disorders. The Indianapolis Treatment Center ...... Apply Now>>
28 Substance Abuse Counselor - Minneapolis. Allina Health is currently hiring a Substance Abuse Counselor br br The Substance Abuse Counselor will perform all core functions as a LADC delivering direct patient care for substance use disorders ...... Apply Now>>
29 Part Time Substance Abuse Counselor SAC SAC IT CSAC Sheboygan, WI, USA We are currently seeking a part-time Substance Abuse Counselor for our Sheboygan Comprehensive Treatment Center. Hours vary. Part-time at first. Days of the week can vary, but would be at least 20 ...... Apply Now>>
30 SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR New London, CT, USA SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR Behavioral health care agency specializing in the delivery of out-patient methadone treatment services is seeking licensed/certified candidates for a substance abuse ...... Apply Now>>
31 Substance Abuse Counselor - Catholic Charities of Steuben Bath, NY, USA Completion of substance abuse evaluations. * Treatment planning/counseling of clients. * Educational and therapy group facilitation. * Participation in case reviews as scheduled. * Case collaboration ...... Apply Now>>
32 Substance Abuse Counselor Reno, NV, USA Substance Abuse Counselor Presently we are looking for a Full-Time Substance Abuse Counselor for an outpatient substance clinic. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required. Must be ...... Apply Now>>
33 Case Manager - Substance Abuse #1730, 782 Bradenton, FL, USA Individual who has lived experience for a minimum of 2 years, with at least 1 year experience working with adults with substance abuse disorders. 'Working' may include volunteer hours or experience ...... Apply Now>>
34 Director of Substance Abuse Nyack, NY, USA Director of Substance Abuse - Horizon Health is seeking an experienced Director to manage an 8-bed Detox Unit, 20 Rehab beds and an outpatient substance abuse program in Nyack Hospital in Nyack, NY... Apply Now>>
35 ACT Team Substance Abuse Counselor (CAC-AD/CSC-AD Required) Aberdeen, MD, USA Conducts comprehensive substance abuse assessments that examine the relationship between substance use and mental health. * Assesses and track client’s stages of change readiness and stages of ...... Apply Now>>
36 Substance Abuse Counselors/Therapists/Social Workers--$1000 Signing Bo Baltimore, MD, USA Substance Abuse Counselor, Therapists and Social Workers Turning Point has 3000 substance abuse patients and is in immediate need of additional counselors, therapists and social workers.. We are ...... Apply Now>>
37 Substance Abuse Counselor - Pineville, LA Pineville, LA, USA CIT (plus 180 hours of substance abuse courses) * RAC * CCS * LAC * PLPC * LMSW * LCSW... Apply Now>>
38 Case Manager - Birth to Five Phoenix, AZ, USA Case Managers are required to submit a negative substance abuse test and be able to obtain fingerprint and criminal history background clearance. CPR, First Aid, and other required trainings that are ...... Apply Now>>
39 Substance Abuse Counselor San Jose, CA, USA Part-Time Regular As the Substance Abuse Prevention Counselor, using a harm-reduction model, you will conduct weekly psycho-educational groups, individual assessments and counseling sessions for a ...... Apply Now>>
40 Substance Abuse Counselor / LMSW Peekskill, NY, USA Substance Abuse Counselor / LMSW Lexington Center for Recovery (LCR) is one of the largest provider of alcoholism and substance abuse treatment in the Hudson Valley. With outpatient treatment centers ...... Apply Now>>