- Drug, Alcohol and Crisis Hotlines
- Crisis counselors are waiting for your call! You have the power to change your life, stop bad habits, treat addiction and seek help.
- Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Not all rehab centers are the same. A drug and alcohol rehabilitation treatment center should offer a variety of treatment programs, which may include inpatient, residential, outpatient and short-stay choices. Inpatient services are generally provided by a licensed hospital, while residential programs may not meet the same rigorous standards of medical care.
- Alcohol and Drug Education Programs
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Programs may be inpatient residential treatment centers, day or outpatient services. They may provide personal assessments for alcohol/drug abuse; coordinate comprehensive alcohol and drug education and referral programs; conduct training on alcohol and other drug issues; oversee peer education efforts for topics such as substance abuse, HIV/AIDS prevention, sexual assault and healthy eating and living; provide resource materials for the community; oversee programming efforts aimed at providing healthy alternatives to alcohol abuse.
- Psychologists may help people deal with drug and alcohol addictions, as well as underlying mental disorders such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (adhd), coping with traumatic events, depression and others.
- Psychiatric Hospitals
- Psychiatric hospitals, or psychiatric wards in general hospitals, specialize in treating mental illneses and disorders. Psychiatric hospitals offer an opportunity to get intensive treatment by doctors and trained specialists, such as nurses, occupational therapists, social workers, and psychologists
- Mental Health Centers and Services Locator
- Drug, alcohol and substance abuse problems may be results of underlying mental disorders. Millions of people suffer with various types of mental illness and mental health problems. Mental illness and psychological disorders have good treatment options with medications, psychotherapy, or other treatments.
- Psychiatrists are medical doctors who have the power to prescribe, and psychotropic medications are widely used in the field. Such medicines include antipsychotics; sedatives such as antidepressants, anxiolytics, hypnotics; and stimulants such as mood stabilizers and schizophrenia treatment drugs. Use of psychiatric drugs may correct chemical imbalances that contribute to underlying disorders.
- Child and Adolescent Guidance
- Unlike adults, adolescents in treatment have more family difficulties, are more likely to have psychological problems, and are more likely to have attempted suicide. Teens also tend to abuse multiple substances. Adolescent guidance programs for troubled teens may educate parents of troubled teens on child behavior including attention deficit disorder, add, adhd, drug abuse, teen depression, behavior modification or intervention programs.
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- According to research, marriage and family therapy is often more effective for alcoholism and drug abuse than standard or individual treatment. Marriage and Family Therapists are trained in psychotherapy and family systems, and they regularly practice short-term therapy -- 12 sessions on average.
- Social Workers
- Social workers often work hand-in-hand with the criminal justice system in dealing with alcohol and drug offenders. Social Workers and nurses may work together to provide a treatment programs for offenders, including alternative prescribing and counseling along with practical and emotional support.
Mental Health Jobs1 Substance Abuse Counselor - FT Pikeville, TN, USA ... Substance Abuse Program. 2. Provides direct clinical services to the patients of the Substance Abuse Treatment program as a primary counselor. 3. As the primary counselor, completes initial ...... Apply Now>>
2 Substance Abuse Counselor Covington, TN, USA ... Substance Abuse Program. 2. Provides direct clinical services to the patients of the Substance Abuse Treatment program as a primary counselor. 3. As the primary counselor, completes initial ...... Apply Now>>
3 Substance Abuse Counselor - Farmington, NM, USA Farmington, NM, USA Substance Abuse Counselor Responsibilities: * Assessment * Treatment Planning * Individual and Group Counseling. What We Offer: * Competitive salary based on education and experience. * After 60 days ...... Apply Now>>
4 Mental Health and Substance Abuse Counselor Pocatello, ID, USA Looking for a masters in mental health to run our diversionary dual diagnosos program. Salary and benefits. Must be able to obtain an LCP, LCPC, LMSW or LCSW license and pass a background check. Sign ...... Apply Now>>
5 Substance Abuse Counselor St. Augustine, FL, USA We presently need someone for substance abuse counseling and mental health. Position Description: The primary responsibilities will include providing group counseling, individual sessions, and intake ...... Apply Now>>
6 Substance Abuse Counselor / CACII / LMSW / LAPC Atlanta, GA, USA We are currently seeking two (2) full-time or Contract Substance Abuse Counselors for our Sandy Springs, GA facility. Hours are Monday-Friday, work one late day. Position Characteristics The ...... Apply Now>>
7 SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR Buffalo, NY, USA Maintains current knowledge of new developments, programs, and techniques in substance abuse counseling field. QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) in Behavioral Health, Human Services or Social ...... Apply Now>>
8 Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor Hazard, KY, USA ... substance abuse and drug addiction; adults only (18 and older) 4. Will rotate working the 1st Saturday of every 3rd month... Apply Now>>
9 Behavioral Health Professional- Counselor Davenport, IA, USA ... substance abuse, and other disorders related to the harmful use of alcohol and drugs. In this role, you will be evaluating, counseling, and educating individuals in treatment. You will work with the ...... Apply Now>>
10 Mental Health/Substance Abuse Specialist San Francisco, United States Mental Health/Substance Abuse Specialist SUPERVISOR: Railton Place Program Director STATUS: Non-Exempt, Full time - 40 hours/week OVERVIEW: The Mental Health/Substance Abuse Specialist will work ...... Apply Now>>
11 Substance Abuse Case Manager - Therapist Tulsa, OK, USA We are seeking a Substance Abuse Case Manager Or Therapist to join our team! You will provide recovery-oriented rehabilitation services in group or individual settings. Outpatient narcotic treatment ...... Apply Now>>
12 Substance Abuse Counselor - Drug & Alcohol Counselor - D&A City of Philadelphia, PA, USA We are actively recruiting for experienced Substance Abuse Counselors. If you possess a Master's degree or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in a clinical mental health discipline ...... Apply Now>>
13 Substance Abuse-Mental Health Therapist Riverton, United States Wyoming Counseling Services, PC & HYPNOSIS SOLUTIONS- Full Time Substance Abuse/Mental Health Therapist in Riverton,WY. Must be eligible for credentialing with the Wyoming Mental Health Professions ...... Apply Now>>
14 Unit Specialist - Adult Substance Abuse Program Rockford, IL, USA This position is a great way to gain experience in the substance abuse field. The unit technician role is a great opportunity for continuing education by obtaining the certified alcohol and other ...... Apply Now>>
15 Licensed Clinician w/Substance Abuse Treatment Experience: Group 7pm - 10pm PST Sacramento, United States We Need State Licensed Clinicians with Substance Abuse Experience for Telehealth IOP and OP. Must have at least a Master's Degree. You can work from home and assist men and women recover from drugs ...... Apply Now>>
16 Individual Therapist Adolescent Bethlehem, CT, USA This client is a series of evidence-based healing centers for adolescents and families struggling with mental health issues, eating disorders, and substance abuse. At this company, they believe in ...... Apply Now>>
17 Addiction Counselor Baltimore, MD, USA Counsel and advise individuals or groups with substance abuse problems * Develop and implement individual treatment plans * Establish treatment goals and milestones with clients * Prepare progress ...... Apply Now>>
18 Behavioral Health Therapist Branch, MI, USA ... substance abuse, wellness, rehabilitation, recovery and self-sufficiency. Establish and maintain a current listing of community linkages to meet the needs of the target population. Develop and ...... Apply Now>>
19 Behavioral Health Therapist Watkins, CO, USA Join our team in providing substance abuse and mental health treatment! We're seeking a fully licensed therapist (LCSW, LPC, LMFT or LAC) to join our team at our Watkins area Ranch location. Work ...... Apply Now>>
20 Alcohol and Drug (AOD) Counselor Venice, CA, USA In collaboration with the Clinical Manager, the AOD Counselor carries a patient caseload and supports the successful integration of medical care, substance abuse treatment, and other services within ...... Apply Now>>
21 Counselor-Employee Assistance Program Waterloo, IA, USA The EAP Counselor assists the substance abuse counselor in providing substance abuse screens/referral on hospitalized patients when needed. Responsibilities InfoMsg iCIMSInfoMsg Job ...... Apply Now>>
22 Licensed Mental Health Counselor Fort Myers, United States Work with individuals and groups to promote optimum mental and emotional health associated with chronic disease, depression, addictions and substance abuse, stress management; self-esteem; and aging.... Apply Now>>
23 Chemical Dependency Professional Trainee (CDPT) Seattle, United States Provide substance abuse consultation to Mental Health Program and Housing Program staff. * Provide staff training on substance abuse issues as appropriate. * Participate as a member of a multi ...... Apply Now>>
24 Behavioral Health Specialist Ii Fairfax, United States Advocates with multiple service providers for delivery of needed services such as housing, employment support, health and wellness, and mental health or substance abuse recovery. Clinical supervision ...... Apply Now>>
25 Clinical Therapist Position Idaho Falls, ID, USA Join our team in providing Mental health and Substance abuse treatment! We're seeking a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LCSW, LMSW, LCPC, LPC or LMFT) to join our team at our Idaho Falls, Idaho ...... Apply Now>>
26 Manager for Substance Abuse Program for the Homeless Oakland, CA, USA The Substance Abuse Program Manager ensures the coordination of substance abuse counseling services for EOCP residents living with addictions and HIV/AIDS, including the provision of individual ...... Apply Now>>
27 Chemical Dependency Counselor Utica, NY, USA Chemical Dependency Counselor Chemical Dependency/Substance Abuse Counselor opportunities at a fully certified, premier provider of outpatient substance use disorder services in upstate New York. Our ...... Apply Now>>
28 Mental Health & Addictions Psychotherapist (190245) Madison, United States Experience in community-based mental health and substance abuse assessment, service coordination, treatment planning, therapy/counseling and crisis resolution. * Ability to communicate effectively ...... Apply Now>>
29 Therapist (Substance Use Disorder) Dearborn, MI, USA Report on program progress at required intervals per funding guidelines. • May conduct psychological testing and substance abuse counseling as appropriate based on qualifications and assigned ...... Apply Now>>
30 Wellness Advisor - Behavioral Health Consultant Juneau, AK, USA Basic nutrition, physical activity and tobacco cessation recommendations for physical health and disease prevention Sexual abuse, domestic violence, and substance abuse issues; as well as evaluating ...... Apply Now>>
31 Registered Nurse RN Substance Abuse Unit Richmond, United States Host site for Behavioral Health clinical nursing rotations Tucker 2 West - Addiction Recovery and Treatment Services (ARTS) and Substance Abuse Unit * 20 Semi-private beds * 1:4-5 staffing ratio... Apply Now>>
32 Behavioral Health Technician (Detox/RTC) Costa Mesa, CA, USA Act as co-facilitator during group substance abuse sessions * Build and maintain positive relationships with residents and staff * Attends administrative meetings * Demonstrates adaptability and ...... Apply Now>>
33 Full Time Counselor Needed in Ogden, UT OGDEN, UT, USA BAART Programs is a division of BayMark Health Services and a leader in providing substance abuse treatment programs and primary care to people in need throughout the State of California, Vermont ...... Apply Now>>
34 Licensed Behavioral health Therapist Chicago, IL, USA Knowledge of adolescent/family dynamics, substance abuse and trauma issues. Interest and commitment to working in a community-based youth service agency. Alternatives, Incorporated is an Affirmative ...... Apply Now>>
35 Mental Health Counselor Prince George's County, MD, USA Offer assistance to individuals with substance abuse issues * Develops client care plan within 5 business days of enrollment assessment. * Implement and review treatment plan * Ensure all ...... Apply Now>>
36 Psychiatry, Psychiatrist, IP Co-Occuring Unit Summit, NJ, USA Summit Oaks Hospital is located in Summit, New Jersey and is one of the longest standing mental health and substance abuse treatment centers in the state. Since 1902, Summit Oaks Hospital has been ...... Apply Now>>
37 Overnight LVN - Behavioral Health Malibu, CA, USA Graduate of an accredited Vocational School of Nursing Program (required) 6. Experience: 1 year experience with both Substance Abuse & Mental Health Disorders preferred. 7. Must understand the ...... Apply Now>>
38 Chief Behavioral Health Officer Frisco, USA The Chief Behavioral Health Officer (CBHO) will oversee all mental health and substance abuse services in the Clinic. CBHO is responsible for BH program development, the BH department budget, BH ...... Apply Now>>
39 Psychologist Mgr. - Clinical Admin. Eldora, United States Counseling PSYCHOLOGIST MGR. - CLINICAL ADMINISTRATOR The Psychologists, Counselors, Substance Abuse professionals and others at the STS are integral to the successful outcome of young men at the ...... Apply Now>>
40 Therapist Palmdale, CA, USA The Therapist identifies social needs and coordinates linkage of client with one-to-one therapeutic counseling regarding mental health or substance abuse issues. The Therapist will be a part of a ...... Apply Now>>