- Drug, Alcohol and Crisis Hotlines
- Crisis counselors are waiting for your call! You have the power to change your life, stop bad habits, treat addiction and seek help.
- Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Not all rehab centers are the same. A drug and alcohol rehabilitation treatment center should offer a variety of treatment programs, which may include inpatient, residential, outpatient and short-stay choices. Inpatient services are generally provided by a licensed hospital, while residential programs may not meet the same rigorous standards of medical care.
- Alcohol and Drug Education Programs
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Programs may be inpatient residential treatment centers, day or outpatient services. They may provide personal assessments for alcohol/drug abuse; coordinate comprehensive alcohol and drug education and referral programs; conduct training on alcohol and other drug issues; oversee peer education efforts for topics such as substance abuse, HIV/AIDS prevention, sexual assault and healthy eating and living; provide resource materials for the community; oversee programming efforts aimed at providing healthy alternatives to alcohol abuse.
- Psychologists may help people deal with drug and alcohol addictions, as well as underlying mental disorders such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (adhd), coping with traumatic events, depression and others.
- Psychiatric Hospitals
- Psychiatric hospitals, or psychiatric wards in general hospitals, specialize in treating mental illneses and disorders. Psychiatric hospitals offer an opportunity to get intensive treatment by doctors and trained specialists, such as nurses, occupational therapists, social workers, and psychologists
- Mental Health Centers and Services Locator
- Drug, alcohol and substance abuse problems may be results of underlying mental disorders. Millions of people suffer with various types of mental illness and mental health problems. Mental illness and psychological disorders have good treatment options with medications, psychotherapy, or other treatments.
- Psychiatrists are medical doctors who have the power to prescribe, and psychotropic medications are widely used in the field. Such medicines include antipsychotics; sedatives such as antidepressants, anxiolytics, hypnotics; and stimulants such as mood stabilizers and schizophrenia treatment drugs. Use of psychiatric drugs may correct chemical imbalances that contribute to underlying disorders.
- Child and Adolescent Guidance
- Unlike adults, adolescents in treatment have more family difficulties, are more likely to have psychological problems, and are more likely to have attempted suicide. Teens also tend to abuse multiple substances. Adolescent guidance programs for troubled teens may educate parents of troubled teens on child behavior including attention deficit disorder, add, adhd, drug abuse, teen depression, behavior modification or intervention programs.
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- According to research, marriage and family therapy is often more effective for alcoholism and drug abuse than standard or individual treatment. Marriage and Family Therapists are trained in psychotherapy and family systems, and they regularly practice short-term therapy -- 12 sessions on average.
- Social Workers
- Social workers often work hand-in-hand with the criminal justice system in dealing with alcohol and drug offenders. Social Workers and nurses may work together to provide a treatment programs for offenders, including alternative prescribing and counseling along with practical and emotional support.
Mental Health Jobs1 Substance Abuse Counselor Job Not Paying the Bills? Drive with Lyft & Earn Extra Cash What is Lyft? Driving with Lyft is the perfect way to earn great money on any schedule (part-time, full-time, seasonal, hourly, or temporary) and Lyft Drivers can receive payment same-day through ...... Apply Now>>
2 Substance Abuse Counselor / IOP Coordinator Arlington, VA, USA Substance Abuse Certification required one of these three MAC/CAC/CACDII are required and preferred fully licensed LPC, LSCW, and LMFT level applicants encouraged to apply. Knowledge of community ...... Apply Now>>
3 Substance Abuse Addiction Counselor (CSAC, LSAT, LCSW, LPC) Woodbridge, VA, USA The GPW Substance Abuse Addiction Counselor, is a member of the Behavioral Health Practice, provides critical prevention, assessment and treatment interventions for individuals struggling with ...... Apply Now>>
4 Substance Abuse Counselor (LCADC, LGADC, CAC-AD, CSC-AD, ADT) 21740, MD, USA I currently have a great opportunity for a Substance Abuse Counselor full-time with our clinic in Hagerstown, MD. Job Duties: (include but are not limited to): * Work with patient to complete all ...... Apply Now>>
5 Substance Abuse Counselor Greensburg, PA, USA Substance Abuse Counseling: 1 year (Required) Education: * Master's (Preferred) License or certification: * 908 KAR 1:370, (Preferred... Apply Now>>
6 Substance Abuse Counselor Baraboo, WI, USA This position is responsible for substance abuse counseling of adult correctional clients referred to the Non-Residential Treatment Services Programs in Baraboo and Portage. AODA programming must be ...... Apply Now>>
7 Certified Substance Abuse Counselor Richmond, VA, USA Certified Substance Abuse Counselors sought for a private outpatient agency in the Richmond area. The ideal candidate must be state licensed or certified and have a minimum of two years experience ...... Apply Now>>
8 Substance Abuse Counselor Passaic, NJ, USA Substance Abuse Counselor Door into the Future is currently looking for substance abuse counselors at our Passaic, NJ location. Full and part time available Job Description : This position will ...... Apply Now>>
9 Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor Charlotte, NC, USA McLeod Center Charlotte has an immediate full-time opening for a Substance Abuse Counselor. The SA Counselor will perform all clinical functions for which qualified, including: clinical lectures ...... Apply Now>>
10 Mental Health / Substance Abuse Counselor - Licensed Ledgewood, NJ, USA Email: email@example.com Company Description Mental Health and Substance Abuse Counseling Agency... Apply Now>>
11 Substance Abuse Counselor El Monte, CA, USA Provide treatment services to participants (at our Mid Valley Outpatient program) through individual counseling, group process, multi-family sessions, educational groups, and recreational activities... Apply Now>>
12 Substance Abuse Counselor Washington D.C., USA Substance Abuse Counselor Community Connections is seeking Counselors for a collaborative substance abuse treatment project with Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency (CSOSA) serving people ...... Apply Now>>
13 Substance Abuse Counselor - CASAC Binghamton, NY, USA Growing non-profit counseling agency seeks Substance Abuse Counselors to join our team! Opportunities are now available in our new outpatient chemical dependence clinic in Binghamton, NY. Great ...... Apply Now>>
14 Substance Abuse Counselor Wichita, KS, USA Mirror is seeking individuals with Social Work (LMSW) experience, as well we individuals with Addiction Treatment Experience (LAC) to serve as Counselors at our Outpatient Office in Lawrence Kansas... Apply Now>>
15 Substance Abuse Therapist - Men's Roads to Recovery Cranston, RI, USA Provide individual, group, and family therapy and monitor client progress as well as complete intake assessments and utilization reviews for insurance. *ZR... Apply Now>>
16 Licensed/Credentialed Substance Abuse Counselor Middletown, NJ, USA Company Description Pinnacle Treatment Centers is a leading comprehensive provider of substance abuse treatment services to individuals that are addicted to drugs and / or alcohol. Founded in 2006 ...... Apply Now>>
17 Substance Abuse Counselor Kansas City, MO, USA Clients served are adults in ReDiscover comprehensive substance abuse treatment and rehabilitation program. The Counselor is responsible for conducting clinical assessments and developing ...... Apply Now>>
18 Substance Abuse Counselor Reseda, CA, USA If recovering from substance abuse, candidate must have two years of continuous sobriety and knowledge of self-help (AA, NA, CA) community resources and charting resident files. * Current counseling ...... Apply Now>>
19 Substance Abuse Couselor - LADC I (Plymouth, MA) Plymouth, MA, USA We are currently seeking a Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor for our new center in Plymouth, MA. Candidates MUST have an LADC I or LMHC with Addiction experience to be considered. The Counselor is ...... Apply Now>>
20 Certified Substance Abuse Counselor CSAC Wahiawā, HI, USA The Counselor is a provider of outpatient substance abuse treatment under the supervision of the Clinical Supervisor. The program funded by third party contracts (i.e. Ohana, UHA, HMSA) provide ...... Apply Now>>
21 Therapist - Substance Abuse Therapist Ionia, MI, USA Offer assistance to individuals with substance abuse issues * Facilitate therapy groups * Implement and review treatment plans * Collaborate with additional treatment providers and placement agencies... Apply Now>>
22 Substance Abuse Counselor Phoenix, AZ, USA ... substance abuse issues by providing other team members with information and knowledge in respect to substance use issues; provides specific substance abuse interventions as clinically indicated ...... Apply Now>>
23 Bilingual Substance Abuse Counselor Greeley, CO, USA Adult Out Patient is a fully integrated team with professionals from both the mental health and substance abuse fields, who are cross-trained in assessing and treating both voluntary and mandated ...... Apply Now>>
24 Lead Substance Abuse Counselor Zanesville, OH, USA We are Toledo Treatment Center and we are seeking an experienced Substance Abuse Counselor to work full time at our Medically Assisted Treatment Center in Toledo ,Ohio. s Pinnacle Treatment Centers ...... Apply Now>>
25 Substance Abuse Counselor Charlotte, MI, USA Provides substance abuse treatment services and utilizes evidence-based clinical interventions to assist clients in achieving treatment goals. * Provides individual, couples, family and group ...... Apply Now>>
26 APRN - Psychiatric/ Mental Health Nurse Practitioner - Substance Abuse Salt Lake City, UT, USA Required to have a working knowledge of advanced psychopharmacology, substance abuse treatment, and psychotherapy. May provide some services by way of tele-mental health. Collaborates with the team ...... Apply Now>>
27 Substance Abuse Counselor/Therapist Manahawkin, NJ, USA Substance Abuse Counselor/Therapist Daytop Village of NJ, Inc. an organization dedicated to providing exceptional and affordable treatment to adolescents and adults with substance use and co ...... Apply Now>>
28 Substance Abuse Behavioral Health Counselor Boulevard, CA, USA Substance Abuse Behavioral Health Counselor Department: Kumeyaay Family Services Supervised By: LPSAC Program Coordinator Location: Boulevard Status: Non-exempt Posted: May 15, 2018 Closing Date... Apply Now>>
29 Clinical Supervisor/ DEPT: MENTAL HEATH AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE Milwaukee, WI, USA Must have a Clinical Substance Abuse License with the State of Wisconsin. Hours: Daytime and some evenings. Possible Saturdays Pay: Varies Depending on experience Duties/Responsibilities: The ...... Apply Now>>
30 CASAC Licensed Counselor substance abuse Brooklyn, NY, USA ... Substance Abuse Counselor. · Obtain and maintain CASAC (Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor) · Possess a demonstrated ability in delivering patient treatment including ...... Apply Now>>
31 Substance Abuse Counselor (Winchester) Winchester, VA, USA Crossroads Treatment Centers is seeking a full-time Substance Abuse Counselor for Winchester. Qualified candidates will possess a minimum of a Bachelors' degree in social sciences and hold a LCSW ...... Apply Now>>
32 Substance Abuse Counselor (2K Signing Bonus!!!) Española, NM, USA New Mexico Treatment Services is an outpatient medication-assisted treatment program. We are currently seeking a full-time Licensed Counselor to join our team. Candidates must be licensed as a LADAC ...... Apply Now>>
33 Substance Abuse Counselor Tama, IA, USA Meskwaki Health Clinic Tama, IA Meskwaki Nation Sac & Fox Tribe of the Mississippl In lowa The Meskwaki Health Clinic in Tama, IA is looking for a Substance Abuse Counselor who can contribute patient ...... Apply Now>>
34 Mental Health/Substance Abuse Therapist us Our Mission is to deliver high quality mental health and substance abuse services to the individual, family, and community. We encourage all Professional, Dynamic Mental Health and Substance Abuse ...... Apply Now>>
35 Substance Abuse Counselor Indianapolis, IN, USA We are seeking Home-based Substance Abuse Counselors to join our team! Immediate openings. Responsibilities: * Counsel and advise individuals or groups with substance abuse problems * Develop and ...... Apply Now>>
36 Substance Abuse Counselor (Hempstead) Hempstead, NY, USA Counseling Service of Eastern District New York (CSEDNY) a non-profit organization that provides substance abuse treatment currently seeks a Counselor for its Hempstead, Long Island location.The ...... Apply Now>>
37 Substance Abuse Prevention Specialists Elizabethtown, NY, USA The Prevention Team has openings for two full-time Substance Abuse Prevention Specialists to serve the Elizabethtown-Lewis and Moriah Central School Districts starting in August 2018. The ...... Apply Now>>
38 Substance Abuse Counselor (2p-10:30p) Plymouth, MI, USA Minimum 2 years experience working in substance abuse treatment * Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written Company Description Personalized Nursing LIGHT House, a premier behavioral ...... Apply Now>>
39 Clinical Psychologist - Substance Abuse and PTSD Dayton, OH, USA Provide a full range of psychological assessment services and diagnoses mental disorders, particularly for patients with PTSD and Substance Abuse diagnoses, within both an outpatient and residential ...... Apply Now>>
40 Substance Abuse Counselor for IOP and OP services Baltimore, MD, USA A basic knowledge of substance abuse and dual diagnosis is essential. The individual is responsible for ensuring that clinical and administrative services are provided for patients and their families... Apply Now>>