- Drug, Alcohol and Crisis Hotlines
- Crisis counselors are waiting for your call! You have the power to change your life, stop bad habits, treat addiction and seek help.
- Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Not all rehab centers are the same. A drug and alcohol rehabilitation treatment center should offer a variety of treatment programs, which may include inpatient, residential, outpatient and short-stay choices. Inpatient services are generally provided by a licensed hospital, while residential programs may not meet the same rigorous standards of medical care.
- Alcohol and Drug Education Programs
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Programs may be inpatient residential treatment centers, day or outpatient services. They may provide personal assessments for alcohol/drug abuse; coordinate comprehensive alcohol and drug education and referral programs; conduct training on alcohol and other drug issues; oversee peer education efforts for topics such as substance abuse, HIV/AIDS prevention, sexual assault and healthy eating and living; provide resource materials for the community; oversee programming efforts aimed at providing healthy alternatives to alcohol abuse.
- Psychologists may help people deal with drug and alcohol addictions, as well as underlying mental disorders such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (adhd), coping with traumatic events, depression and others.
- Psychiatric Hospitals
- Psychiatric hospitals, or psychiatric wards in general hospitals, specialize in treating mental illneses and disorders. Psychiatric hospitals offer an opportunity to get intensive treatment by doctors and trained specialists, such as nurses, occupational therapists, social workers, and psychologists
- Mental Health Centers and Services Locator
- Drug, alcohol and substance abuse problems may be results of underlying mental disorders. Millions of people suffer with various types of mental illness and mental health problems. Mental illness and psychological disorders have good treatment options with medications, psychotherapy, or other treatments.
- Psychiatrists are medical doctors who have the power to prescribe, and psychotropic medications are widely used in the field. Such medicines include antipsychotics; sedatives such as antidepressants, anxiolytics, hypnotics; and stimulants such as mood stabilizers and schizophrenia treatment drugs. Use of psychiatric drugs may correct chemical imbalances that contribute to underlying disorders.
- Child and Adolescent Guidance
- Unlike adults, adolescents in treatment have more family difficulties, are more likely to have psychological problems, and are more likely to have attempted suicide. Teens also tend to abuse multiple substances. Adolescent guidance programs for troubled teens may educate parents of troubled teens on child behavior including attention deficit disorder, add, adhd, drug abuse, teen depression, behavior modification or intervention programs.
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- According to research, marriage and family therapy is often more effective for alcoholism and drug abuse than standard or individual treatment. Marriage and Family Therapists are trained in psychotherapy and family systems, and they regularly practice short-term therapy -- 12 sessions on average.
- Social Workers
- Social workers often work hand-in-hand with the criminal justice system in dealing with alcohol and drug offenders. Social Workers and nurses may work together to provide a treatment programs for offenders, including alternative prescribing and counseling along with practical and emotional support.
Mental Health Jobs1 Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor LCAC, LMAC, LAC Topeka, KS, USA We have full time Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor opportunity at Kansas Juvenile Correctional Complex located in Topeka, KS. You will contribute and glean highly varied expertise in a challenging ...... Apply Now>>
2 Reintegration Substance Abuse Counselor Liberal, United States Child Abuse and Neglect Central Registry check * KBI check * Kansas Motor Vehicle Driving Record check * TB skin test Salary and Benefits * Salary Range: $38,000 - $52,000 depending on experience ...... Apply Now>>
3 Substance Abuse Counselor Gainesville, FL, USA Valeo Resources is partnered with a top nationwide Behavioral Health facility located near Ocala, FL . This organization is in a rapid growth phase and has the leadership, vision and employee culture ...... Apply Now>>
4 Substance Abuse Counselor Citra, FL, USA This Full Time Substance Abuse Counselor position is located at the Adult Residential Facility in Citra, FL ( 15681US-301, Citra, FL 32113). ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Maintain a clinical ...... Apply Now>>
5 Licensed A&D Abuse Counselor Clifton, TN, USA We have an exceptional opportunity for a Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor, to join our healthcare team at Turney Center Industrial Cplx2, in Only, TN. You will contribute and glean highly varied ...... Apply Now>>
6 SUBSTANCE ABUSE PREVENTION SPECIALIST us S. FCD Prevention Works (fcd.org), a part of the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation, is the leading international nonprofit provider of school-based substance abuse prevention services. We provide ...... Apply Now>>
7 Psychiatry Locums Position | New York City Area | Part-time Substance Abuse Outpatient Albany, NY, USA Psychiatry Locums Position | New York City Area | Part-time Substance Abuse Outpatient Coverage needed just ten hours per week for a Psychiatric Substance Abuse clinic in New York. Start as soon as ...... Apply Now>>
8 Substance Abuse Counselor III Nixon, NV, USA SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR III JA19-011 Sumunumu, Pyramid Lake Paiute Reservation, Nevada Date Reposted: 04/02/2019 Supervisor: Thelma Simon, Sumunumu Director Date Closes: Open Until Filled $25.77 ...... Apply Now>>
9 Substance Abuse Counselor - Bilingual (Spanish/English) Brandon, FL, USA ... substance abuse or mental health setting required. . LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS/CEUs: · A valid State of Florida Certification as a Certified Addictions Professional (CAP) is preferred. · A valid ...... Apply Now>>
10 Substance Abuse Counselor us Valley Hope Moundridge is HIRING for Full Time Counselor II ! We are looking for dedicated and compassionate individual who want to make a difference in our patients lives. The qualified candidate ...... Apply Now>>
11 Substance Abuse Counselor LCDC Henderson, United States Reports to the Substance Abuse Counselor Coordinator. Directly supervises the Substance Abuse Counselor I. Performs moderately complex substance abuse counseling work within the DWI/SAFPF/ISF ...... Apply Now>>
12 Lead Substance Abuse Specialist BHP - MACT Phoenix, AZ, USA ... substance abuse and/or marriage and family counseling. LPC, LCSW, LAC, LISAC accepted. Valid AZ State Driver's License, vehicle with state minimum insurance coverage and able to meet PIR company ...... Apply Now>>
13 Therapist - Substance Abuse Mental Health Pompano Beach, FL, USA We are seeking a Therapist for our Substance Abuse program. You will be responsible for implementing effective treatment plans to clients in an individual or group setting. General Function: To ...... Apply Now>>
14 Therapist - Substance Abuse Wichita, KS, USA Full-time Substance Abuse Counselor/Qualified Mental Health Professional Preferably Clinical or Masters Level Social Worker, but open to all Candidates. Great pay commensurate with qualifications and ...... Apply Now>>
15 Substance Abuse Counselor Cape Girardeau, MO, USA Experience in substance abuse field is not required, but preferred Qualified candidates will have a counseling Certification in a related field (State Specific) Bachelor's degree is preferred but not ...... Apply Now>>
16 CASAC Credentialed Alcohol and Substance abuse Counselor Bilingual Yonkers, NY, USA Counsel and advise individuals or groups with substance abuse problems * Develop and implement individual treatment plans * Establish treatment goals and milestones with clients * Prepare progress ...... Apply Now>>
17 Substance Abuse Counselor - CSC-AD, CAC-AD Baltimore, MD, USA We are seeking a Substance Abuse Counselor - CSC-AD, CAC-AD to join our team! You will be responsible for implementing effective treatment plans to clients in an individual or group setting. The ...... Apply Now>>
18 Substance Abuse Counselor **Sign-On Bonus** Fredericksburg, VA, USA We are currently seeking experienced Certified Substance Abuse Counselors (CSAC) to join our team at our Fredericksburg, VA location. Job Responsibilities * Assess the counseling needs of the client... Apply Now>>
19 Substance Abuse Counselor Newark, NJ, USA Our client is seeking a motivated professional to work as a Substance Abuse Counselor in the Newark, NJ area. SUMMARY OF CLIENT'S DESCRIPTION OF THIS OPPORTUNITY The population in which the job ...... Apply Now>>
20 Substance Abuse Counselor - Licensed (Part-Time) Chicopee, United States Participate in career preparation period; communicate zero tolerance policies related to substance abuse; provide information on prevention activities on and off center. * Work with new students for ...... Apply Now>>
21 BHJOB809_33331 Substance Abuse Counselor Pacoima, CA, USA Substance Abuse Counselor needed in Pacoima, CA Job Details: * Conduct/facilitate individual and group substance abuse prevention education and awareness, and counseling sessions and provide routine ...... Apply Now>>
22 BHJOB809_33329 Substance Abuse Counselor Culver City, CA, USA Substance Abuse Counselor needed in Culver City, CA Job Details: * Conduct/facilitate individual and group substance abuse prevention education and awareness, and counseling sessions and provide ...... Apply Now>>
23 Substance Abuse Counselor - Drug & Alcohol Counselor - D&A City of Philadelphia, PA, USA We are actively recruiting for experienced Substance Abuse Counselors. If you possess a Master's degree or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in a clinical mental health discipline ...... Apply Now>>
24 Licensed Substance Abuse Specialist Mesa, Arizona, USA Provides, recommends and coordinates all services to members for co-occurring substance use and abuse issues. Works collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team setting to develop individual service ...... Apply Now>>
25 Recovery Coach East Hazel Crest, IL, USA Company Description The South Suburban Council on Alcoholism and Substance Abuse has been providing affordable and effective chemical dependency treatment and rehabilitation to residents of the ...... Apply Now>>
26 Maryland Certified Substance Abuse Counselor us Addiction Assessments Individual, family & group therapy Case Management Crisis Intervention Clinical Education Competitive Salary and Benefits Health Insurance and 401K... Apply Now>>
27 Substance Abuse Residential Treatment Facility Manager us We are a team of passionate individuals who work to provide treatment for mental health and substance abuse issues. We hold state and national accreditations and offer a wide continuum of services.... Apply Now>>
28 Behavioral Health/Substance Abuse Billing Specialist Lewisville, TX, USA Grace Counseling is seeking a personable, organized and assertive billing specialist. Must be able to project a professional and friendly demeanor. Must be Microsoft office proficient and comfortable ...... Apply Now>>
29 Supervisor, Substance Abuse Counseling Ithaca, USA Social Work Supervisor, Substance Abuse Supervising Social Worker opportunity at a fully certified, premier provider of outpatient substance use disorder services in upstate New York. Our philosophy ...... Apply Now>>
30 Substance Abuse LPN Syracuse, NY, USA Career Start is currently seeking a Substance Abuse Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Syracuse, NY to in supporting individuals that take part in a substance abuse/dependency facility. To be ...... Apply Now>>
31 Substance Abuse Counselor New York, NY, USA Counseling Service of Eastern District New York (CSEDNY) a non-profit organization that provides substance abuse treatment currently seeks Counselors for its Brooklyn location. Responsibilities... Apply Now>>
32 Substance Abuse Counselor (ADT; CSC-AD; CAC-AD) Baltimore, MD, USA One of our clients is seeking a motivated professional to work as a Substance Abuse Counselor in the greater Baltimore area. In this role, the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor provides counseling and ...... Apply Now>>
33 Substance Abuse Counselor Winston-Salem, NC, USA We are seeking a Substance Abuse Counselor to join our team! You will be responsible for implementing effective treatment plans to clients in an individual or group setting. Responsibilities... Apply Now>>
34 Full time substance abuse therapist- CACII or CAC III Denver, CO, USA Offer assistance to individuals with substance abuse issues *Provide prevention-oriented therapy *Implement and review treatment plans *Collaborate with additional treatment providers and placement ...... Apply Now>>
35 Substance Abuse and Mental Health Counselor Philadelphia, PA, USA The Healing Way is seeking an enthusiastic and driven Substance Abuse & Mental Health Counselor for our treatment program. Job Duties: Prepare treatment plans, bio-psychosocial assessments, case ...... Apply Now>>
36 LPN - Substance Abuse Rochester, NY, USA Career Start is currently seeking LPN's in Rochester, NY to help fill long-term positions (temp to hire) with a busy substance abuse facility. To be considered for these positions, candidates must be ...... Apply Now>>
37 Substance Abuse Counselor Somerset, KY, USA Are you an Alcohol and Drug Counselor or Substance Abuse Counselor looking for a new opportunity? The Right Solution, Inc. is looking for a great therapist to join our team! This is a very unique and ...... Apply Now>>
38 Substance Abuse Technician (2nd SHIFT) Greensburg, PA, USA ... Substance Abuse Treatment facility. Assist clients with activities in a substance abuse recovery facility and outside appointments. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES: Ø Customer/Client Focus Ø Ethical ...... Apply Now>>
39 Substance Abuse Counselor Des Moines, IA, USA Provide assessment/evaluation, treatment and discharge services for clients referred to the Substance Abuse Program. * Document all services in a timely fashion * Conduct and participate in treatment ...... Apply Now>>
40 Substance Abuse Case Manager Lynn, MA, USA Substance Abuse Case Manager Program of Assertive Community Treatment (PACT) $1500 SIGN-ON BONUS Eliot's Mental Health division provides an integrative and comprehensive network of services to adults ...... Apply Now>>