- Drug, Alcohol and Crisis Hotlines
- Crisis counselors are waiting for your call! You have the power to change your life, stop bad habits, treat addiction and seek help.
- Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Not all rehab centers are the same. A drug and alcohol rehabilitation treatment center should offer a variety of treatment programs, which may include inpatient, residential, outpatient and short-stay choices. Inpatient services are generally provided by a licensed hospital, while residential programs may not meet the same rigorous standards of medical care.
- Alcohol and Drug Education Programs
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Programs may be inpatient residential treatment centers, day or outpatient services. They may provide personal assessments for alcohol/drug abuse; coordinate comprehensive alcohol and drug education and referral programs; conduct training on alcohol and other drug issues; oversee peer education efforts for topics such as substance abuse, HIV/AIDS prevention, sexual assault and healthy eating and living; provide resource materials for the community; oversee programming efforts aimed at providing healthy alternatives to alcohol abuse.
- Psychologists may help people deal with drug and alcohol addictions, as well as underlying mental disorders such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (adhd), coping with traumatic events, depression and others.
- Psychiatric Hospitals
- Psychiatric hospitals, or psychiatric wards in general hospitals, specialize in treating mental illneses and disorders. Psychiatric hospitals offer an opportunity to get intensive treatment by doctors and trained specialists, such as nurses, occupational therapists, social workers, and psychologists
- Mental Health Centers and Services Locator
- Drug, alcohol and substance abuse problems may be results of underlying mental disorders. Millions of people suffer with various types of mental illness and mental health problems. Mental illness and psychological disorders have good treatment options with medications, psychotherapy, or other treatments.
- Psychiatrists are medical doctors who have the power to prescribe, and psychotropic medications are widely used in the field. Such medicines include antipsychotics; sedatives such as antidepressants, anxiolytics, hypnotics; and stimulants such as mood stabilizers and schizophrenia treatment drugs. Use of psychiatric drugs may correct chemical imbalances that contribute to underlying disorders.
- Child and Adolescent Guidance
- Unlike adults, adolescents in treatment have more family difficulties, are more likely to have psychological problems, and are more likely to have attempted suicide. Teens also tend to abuse multiple substances. Adolescent guidance programs for troubled teens may educate parents of troubled teens on child behavior including attention deficit disorder, add, adhd, drug abuse, teen depression, behavior modification or intervention programs.
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- According to research, marriage and family therapy is often more effective for alcoholism and drug abuse than standard or individual treatment. Marriage and Family Therapists are trained in psychotherapy and family systems, and they regularly practice short-term therapy -- 12 sessions on average.
- Social Workers
- Social workers often work hand-in-hand with the criminal justice system in dealing with alcohol and drug offenders. Social Workers and nurses may work together to provide a treatment programs for offenders, including alternative prescribing and counseling along with practical and emotional support.
Mental Health Jobs1 Substance Abuse Counselor Job Not Paying the Bills? Drive with Lyft & Earn Extra Cash What is Lyft? Driving with Lyft is the perfect way to earn great money on any schedule (part-time, full-time, seasonal, hourly, or temporary) and Lyft Drivers can receive payment same-day through ...... Apply Now>>
2 Substance Abuse Counselor - $1,000 Signing Bonus San Diego, TX, USA We are seeking a Substance Abuse Counselor to join our team! You will be responsible for implementing effective treatment plans to clients in an individual or group setting. Responsibilities... Apply Now>>
3 Substance Abuse Counselor (Breckenridge, TX) - $1,000 Signing Bonus Breckenridge, TX, USA We are seeking a Substance Abuse Counselor to join our team! You will be responsible for implementing effective treatment plans to clients in an individual or group setting. Responsibilities... Apply Now>>
4 Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC) Winchester, VA, USA Crossroads Treatment Centers is seeking a full-time Certified Substance Abuse Counselor for our Winchester location. Applicants MUST hold a CSAC in Virginia. Responsibilities: * Completing ...... Apply Now>>
5 Substance Abuse Counselor, LCAS (Asheville Center) Asheville, NC, USA Must have at least one year of experience as a substance abuse counselor. Must be registered with the North Carolina Substance Abuse Professional Certification board - applicants who are not ...... Apply Now>>
6 Substance Abuse Counselor Reseda, CA, USA We are currently interviewing qualified candidates for a full time Substance Abuse/Drug and Alcohol Counselor. The Discovery House offers competitive pay based on experience, offers Medical Coverage ...... Apply Now>>
7 Substance Abuse Counselor ***Baltimore City & Hyatsville***** Baltimore, MD, USA A basic knowledge of substance abuse and dual diagnosis is essential. The individual is responsible for ensuring that clinical and administrative services are provided for patients and their families... Apply Now>>
8 Substance Abuse Therapist Detroit, MI, USA Growth Works is currently seeking to add a Substance Abuse Therapist to our Community Intervention and Treatment (CITx) team. The CITx Therapist will provide clinical care to SUD clients (adult and ...... Apply Now>>
9 Substance Abuse Counselor Baltimore, MD, USA Substance Abuse Counselor at Glenwood Life Counselor Center at 516 Glenwood Avenue (OMT) Serving a caseload of 45 patients, facilitating 2 groups, treatment planning, authorizations, discharges ...... Apply Now>>
10 Certified Substance Abuse Counselors Danville, VA, USA Job Description - A certified substance abuse counselor shall be qualified to perform, under appropriate supervision or direction, the substance abuse treatment functions of screening, intake ...... Apply Now>>
11 Substance Abuse Counselor Atlantic City, NJ, USA We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color ...... Apply Now>>
12 Counselor - Substance Abuse IOP with Clinical Supervisor duties Exton, PA, USA Rehab after Work Substance Abuse Clinicians support clients in their journey toward recovery and wellness by providing counseling for individuals, groups, and families and helping to develop and ...... Apply Now>>
13 Substance Abuse Counselor Arlington Heights, IL, USA Job Purpose : Provides substance abuse counseling services including but not limited to assessment, treatment planning, long-term counseling, psycho-education, case management, advocacy, and ...... Apply Now>>
14 Substance Abuse Counselor Lander, WY, USA This individual will provide Intensive Outpatient Treatment and Relapse Prevention Treatment in group settings, as well as deliver one-on-one counseling to clients who have substance abuse issues and ...... Apply Now>>
15 Outpatient Counselor- Substance Abuse Sellersville, PA, USA Position Overview The Substance Abuse Counselor provides assessments, treatment planning, and counseling to adults, adolescents, and their families. Hours: Part-time fee-for-service, 10 hours/week ...... Apply Now>>
16 Substance Abuse Counselor Chicago, IL, USA SUMMARY The purpose of the therapist position is to provide assessment, counseling and service linkage to youth and families to enhance functioning and stabilize the client in the least restrictive ...... Apply Now>>
17 Counselor -Substance Abuse Bel Air, MD, USA We are seeking a Substance Abuse/ Addictions Counselor to join our team! You will be responsible for implementing effective treatment plans to clients in an individual and group settings... Apply Now>>
18 Bilingual Substance Abuse Counselor (Queens) Brooklyn, NY, USA Counseling Service of Eastern District New York (CSEDNY) a non-profit organization that provides treatment alternatives to incarceration currently seeks a Bilingual Substance Abuse Counselor for its ...... Apply Now>>
19 Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) Houston, TX, USA Educate families and groups on substance abuse treatments and prevention programs * Facilitate referrals to other healthcare or counseling professionals * Perform strategic interventions ...... Apply Now>>
20 Substance Abuse Counselor/CSAC Pulaski, VA, USA Job Summary: We are currently seeking experienced Certified Substance Abuse Counselors (CSAC) to join our team at our Pulaski Medical location in Pulaski, VA. Job Responsibilities * Assess the ...... Apply Now>>
21 Substance Abuse Director / DUI Instructor Covington, GA, USA Full Substance Abuse Certification required and preferred fully licensed LPC, LSCW, and LMFT level applicants encouraged to apply. Knowledge of community based therapeutic services to children and ...... Apply Now>>
22 Therapist (Outpatient): Substance Abuse/Mental Health Dallas, TX, USA Enterhealth is in need of a therapist to join our growing team in our outpatient office. The hours of this position will be Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm. Primary duties Include: Perform primary ...... Apply Now>>
23 MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST II SUBSTANCE ABUSE (BILINGUAL) MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST II SUBSTANCE ABUSE (BILINGUAL) Closing Date/Time: Thu. 11/30/17 11:59 PM Eastern Time Salary: $55,660.80 - $85,051.20 Annually Job Type: Full-Time Location: 2100 Washington ...... Apply Now>>
24 Youth Substance Abuse Counselor Williamsburg, VA, USA Youth Substance Abuse Counselor (10-20 hours/week) Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of youth and families who are struggling with substance use and/or mental health disorders... Apply Now>>
25 Bilingual Substance Abuse Clinician Hempstead, NY, USA Substance/Alcohol Abuse & Mental Health experience working with multicultural populations is preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish is preferred... Apply Now>>
26 Substance Abuse Counselor Tucson, AZ, USA Our Substance Abuse Counselors provide addiction counseling services to individuals diagnosed with an addictive disorder. Addiction counseling may include limited assessment of addiction related ...... Apply Now>>
27 Substance Abuse Counselor Monticello, FL, USA The qualified Substance Abuse Counselor will provide services in a school-based setting, and will advise children who suffer from alcoholism, drug addiction, eating disorders, or other behavioral ...... Apply Now>>
28 Substance Abuse Counselor Bangor, ME, USA I currently have a great opportunity for a Substance Abuse Counselor full-time with our clinic in Albuquerque, NM. Job Duties: (include but are not limited to): * Work with patient to complete all ...... Apply Now>>
29 Substance Abuse Clinician Warren, ME, USA Degreed, certified, or experienced in the substance abuse field. Experience: * Relevant experience in provision of addiction counseling services Licenses/Certifications: * License in an addiction ...... Apply Now>>
30 Counselor/Case Manager El Dorado, KS, USA Substance Abuse Center of Kansas is seeking a full-time position for a Counselor/Case Manager in the El Dorado Correctional Facility. Successful applicants will possess extensive knowledge and ...... Apply Now>>
31 Substance Abuse Counselor Jacksonville, FL, USA Substance Abuse Counselor to provide service for the Naval Hospital Jacksonville (NHJ) in the Substance Abuse and Rehabilitation Program (SARP), a division of the Mental Health Department... Apply Now>>
32 SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR Humble, TX, USA Requisition Number 17-0840 Title SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR - HUMBLE, TX Program Harris County - Atascocita Women's Program City HUMBLE State TX Full-Time Description • Completes comprehensive ...... Apply Now>>
33 OUTPATIENT (LCPC or LCSW) SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR Springfield, IL, USA Requisition Number 17-0856 Title OUTPATIENT (LCPC or LCSW) SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR - SPRINGFIELD Program Springfield - Outpatient Treatment City SPRINGFIELD State IL Full-Time Description As ...... Apply Now>>
34 Counselor Bakersfield, CA, USA We promote the highest standard of patient care in the treatment of substance abuse and related medical, psychological and socio-economic conditions. Aegis and its staff members pursue excellence ...... Apply Now>>
35 Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor Marion, NC, USA McLeod Center Marion has an immediate full-time opening for a Substance Abuse Counselor. The SA Counselor will perform all clinical functions for which qualified, including: clinical lectures ...... Apply Now>>
36 Counselor - Substance Abuse - Intensive Outpatient Havertown, PA, USA The Rehab after Work Substance Abuse Clinician supports clients in their journey toward recovery and wellness by providing counseling for individuals, groups, and families and helping to develop and ...... Apply Now>>
37 Substance Abuse Counselors (CSC-AD, CAC AD Required) Baltimore, MD, USA Gaudenzia, a multi-state non-profit human services organization, with over 141 programs at 77 locations providing substance abuse treatment, mental health, housing assistance, recovery and prevention ...... Apply Now>>
38 Substance Abuse Counselor Santa Rosa, CA, USA Creekside Behavioral Health is a 57 bed secured psychiatric facility serving Individuals on LPS Conservatorship. We are seeking a California credentialed SAC with experience serving Co-occurring ...... Apply Now>>
39 Substance Abuse Counselor (NIGHT SHIFT) Orange, CA, USA Must be registered/certified substance abuse counselor. Company Description Social Model Recovery Systems (a non-profit 501(c)3 California corporation) provides direct treatment services (at 12 ...... Apply Now>>
40 Substance Abuse Counselor Concord, NH, USA Minimum of one years experience in substance abuse treatment in an outpatient setting preferred. * Experience with Intensive Outpatient Programming and medication assisted treatment preferred. * Some ...... Apply Now>>