- Drug, Alcohol and Crisis Hotlines
- Crisis counselors are waiting for your call! You have the power to change your life, stop bad habits, treat addiction and seek help.
- Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Not all rehab centers are the same. A drug and alcohol rehabilitation treatment center should offer a variety of treatment programs, which may include inpatient, residential, outpatient and short-stay choices. Inpatient services are generally provided by a licensed hospital, while residential programs may not meet the same rigorous standards of medical care.
- Alcohol and Drug Education Programs
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Programs may be inpatient residential treatment centers, day or outpatient services. They may provide personal assessments for alcohol/drug abuse; coordinate comprehensive alcohol and drug education and referral programs; conduct training on alcohol and other drug issues; oversee peer education efforts for topics such as substance abuse, HIV/AIDS prevention, sexual assault and healthy eating and living; provide resource materials for the community; oversee programming efforts aimed at providing healthy alternatives to alcohol abuse.
- Psychologists may help people deal with drug and alcohol addictions, as well as underlying mental disorders such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (adhd), coping with traumatic events, depression and others.
- Psychiatric Hospitals
- Psychiatric hospitals, or psychiatric wards in general hospitals, specialize in treating mental illneses and disorders. Psychiatric hospitals offer an opportunity to get intensive treatment by doctors and trained specialists, such as nurses, occupational therapists, social workers, and psychologists
- Mental Health Centers and Services Locator
- Drug, alcohol and substance abuse problems may be results of underlying mental disorders. Millions of people suffer with various types of mental illness and mental health problems. Mental illness and psychological disorders have good treatment options with medications, psychotherapy, or other treatments.
- Psychiatrists are medical doctors who have the power to prescribe, and psychotropic medications are widely used in the field. Such medicines include antipsychotics; sedatives such as antidepressants, anxiolytics, hypnotics; and stimulants such as mood stabilizers and schizophrenia treatment drugs. Use of psychiatric drugs may correct chemical imbalances that contribute to underlying disorders.
- Child and Adolescent Guidance
- Unlike adults, adolescents in treatment have more family difficulties, are more likely to have psychological problems, and are more likely to have attempted suicide. Teens also tend to abuse multiple substances. Adolescent guidance programs for troubled teens may educate parents of troubled teens on child behavior including attention deficit disorder, add, adhd, drug abuse, teen depression, behavior modification or intervention programs.
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- According to research, marriage and family therapy is often more effective for alcoholism and drug abuse than standard or individual treatment. Marriage and Family Therapists are trained in psychotherapy and family systems, and they regularly practice short-term therapy -- 12 sessions on average.
- Social Workers
- Social workers often work hand-in-hand with the criminal justice system in dealing with alcohol and drug offenders. Social Workers and nurses may work together to provide a treatment programs for offenders, including alternative prescribing and counseling along with practical and emotional support.
Mental Health Jobs1 Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor (Calhoun) Calhoun, GA, USA Requirements The most qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor's degree in Human Services and be certified as a Substance Abuse Counselor in Georgia. This candidate will also have good problem ...... Apply Now>>
2 Substance Abuse Counselor Los Angeles, CA, USA Substance Abuse Counselor (SUD) Summary of Duties : To provide supportive services to recovery program participants in compliance with program procedures and applicable standards and regulations... Apply Now>>
3 Case Manager / Substance Abuse Counselor San Juan Capistrano, CA, USA Company Description Monarch Shores is a licensed and certified substance abuse rehab center in California that specializes in providing individualized treatment plans. Our physician-led ...... Apply Now>>
4 Substance Abuse Counselor/ Specialist Edinburgh, IN, USA Valid, active, unrestricted in-state License or Certification in Substance Abuse Counseling/Prevention required. Regional Approval required. Please go to to complete the online application or send ...... Apply Now>>
5 Part Time Substance Abuse Therapist Manahawkin, NJ, USA Daytop Village of NJ, Inc. an organization dedicated to providing exceptional and affordable treatment to adolescents and adults with substance use and co-occurring mental health disorders is seeking ...... Apply Now>>
6 Substance Abuse and Clinical Counselor Detroit, MI, USA We prefer some substance abuse experience and/or substance abuse education. Responsibilities: * Therapeutic Counseling and Substance Abuse Counseling * Ability to document the full range of services ...... Apply Now>>
7 Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC) Danville, VA, USA Crossroads Treatment Centers is seeking a full-time Certified Substance Abuse Counselor for our Danville location. Applicants MUST hold a CSAC in Virginia. Responsibilities: * Completing assessments ...... Apply Now>>
8 Substance Abuse Counselor - Residential Program Menomonie, WI, USA Arbor Place, Inc. is seeking a motivated professional to join our clinical team within our adult residential substance abuse treatment program. General duties within this position include: Providing ...... Apply Now>>
9 Substance Abuse Counselor Passaic, NJ, USA Substance Abuse Counselor Door into the Future is currently looking for substance abuse counselors at our Passaic, NJ location. Full and part time available Job Description : This position will ...... Apply Now>>
10 SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNS, LD DOC Anchorage, AK, USA Job Description Summary This position services as the leader worker of the Substance Abuse staff by providing guidance and training to lower level staff. In addition, it may handle more unique or ...... Apply Now>>
11 Substance Abuse Specialist I & II Brooklyn, NY, USA Substance Abuse Specialist I: High School Diploma or equivalent. Minimum of three years of experience in providing direct serviced to individuals with mental disabilities including at least one year ...... Apply Now>>
12 SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR (CoC) McFarland, CA, USA Summary This position assists in developing, organizing, and conducting evidence-based, substance abuse treatment programming within the mission of GEOs Continuum of Care. Conducts or assists in ...... Apply Now>>
13 Substance Abuse/IOP Coordinator/Counselor Covington, GA, USA Substance Abuse Certification required and preferred fully licensed LPC, LSCW, and LMFT level applicants encouraged to apply. Knowledge of community based therapeutic services to children and their ...... Apply Now>>
14 Substance Abuse Counselor/CSAC Pulaski, VA, USA Assessing client for substance abuse diagnosis using DSM criteria in determining appropriate level of care based on ASAM criteria * Obtain previous records that are relevant to the current treatment ...... Apply Now>>
15 Supervisor-Substance Abuse Program Glen Oaks, NY, USA The mission of our Substance Abuse Program Supervisor is to provide administrative and clinical services for the Substance Abuse Program. You must be able to coordinate daily activities to ensure ...... Apply Now>>
16 Substance Abuse Counselor Santa Maria, CA, USA We promote the highest standard of patient care in the treatment of substance abuse and related medical, psychological and socio-economic conditions. Aegis and its staff members pursue excellence ...... Apply Now>>
17 Substance Abuse Counselor Hopkinsville, KY, USA Pinnacle Treatment Centers is a leading comprehensive provider of substance abuse treatment services to individuals that are addicted to drugs and / or alcohol. Founded in 2006, the Company has grown ...... Apply Now>>
18 Outpatient Counselor- Substance Abuse Sellersville, PA, USA Position Overview The Substance Abuse Counselor provides assessments, treatment planning, and counseling to adults, adolescents, and their families. Hours: Part-Time, Fee-for-Service, 20 hours/week ...... Apply Now>>
19 Substance Abuse Counselor Wayne, PA, USA We are seeking a Substance Abuse Counselor to join our team! You will be responsible for implementing effective treatment plans to clients in an individual and group setting. Hours for this position ...... Apply Now>>
20 Substance Abuse Counselor Pompano Beach, FL, USA Busy Suboxone practice in need of Part Time/ Full Time Substance Abuse Counselor to join our team! You will be responsible for implementing effective treatment plans to patients in an individual or ...... Apply Now>>
21 Registry Staff Nurse, Substance Abuse Unit, Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center, Chicago Chicago, IL, USA Medical, Nursing, EMR, Registered Nurse, Substance Abuse, Healthcare... Apply Now>>
22 Substance Use and Mental Health Disorder Therapist River Falls, WI, USA Ideal candidate also has Substance Abuse Counselor credential or Substance Abuse Specialty. This is a full time position at 40 hours per week. Ability to read and communicate effectively in English... Apply Now>>
23 Mental Health & Substance Abuse Therapist - Located in Wausau, WI Merrill, WI, USA Purpose The Mental Health & Substance Abuse Therapist provides mental health and substance abuse assessment and psychotherapy for individuals, families or group and consultation and education for the ...... Apply Now>>
24 Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor Hickory, NC, USA McLeod Center Hickory has an immediate full-time opening for a Substance Abuse Counselor. The SA Counselor will perform all clinical functions for which qualified, including: clinical lectures ...... Apply Now>>
25 Substance Abuse Counselors Ashland, PA, USA SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELORS NEEDED IN ASHLAND, PA. We are currently seeking FT Substance Abuse Counselors for our Women with Children facility in Ashland, PA. This individual is responsible for ...... Apply Now>>
26 Certified Substance Abuse Counselor Danville, VA, USA Job Summary A certified substance abuse counselor shall be qualified to perform, under appropriate supervision or direction, the substance abuse treatment functions of screening, intake, orientation ...... Apply Now>>
27 Clincal Director of Substance Abuse Treatment Center Aurora, CO, USA We are seeking a Clincal Director Of Substance Abuse Treatment Center to join our team! You will be responsible for implementing oversight and direction of the treatment facility. The successful ...... Apply Now>>
28 Substance Abuse Counselor Fitchburg, MA, USA Substance abuse counselor will provide treatment and support to individuals in their recovery from addictions, such as alcoholism, drug addiction, eating disorders or other behavioral problems. Also ...... Apply Now>>
29 Substance Abuse Counselor Nashville, TN, USA Buffalo Valley is a non-profit organization providing affordable alcohol/substance abuse treatment to clients in need for approximately 30 years. Buffalo Valley, Inc. has been and currently is Joint ...... Apply Now>>
30 Substance Abuse Counselor - CASAC Oneida, NY, USA Growing non-profit counseling agency seeks Substance Abuse Counselors to join our team! Opportunities are now available in our outpatient chemical dependency clinic in Oneida, NY as well as our brand ...... Apply Now>>
31 Intensive Residential Substance Abuse Treatment Therapist, Unlincensed Thornton, CO, USA Intensive Residential Substance Abuse Treatment / Therapist, Unlicensed Community Reach Center (CRC) is an Integrated Health Care and Trauma Informed Care Community that serves a metropolitan area in ...... Apply Now>>
32 Counselor - Substance Abuse IOP, evening hours Paoli, PA, USA The Rehab after Work Substance Abuse Clinician supports clients in their journey toward recovery and wellness by providing counseling for individuals, groups, and families and helping to develop and ...... Apply Now>>
33 Substance Abuse Counselor Shallotte, NC, USA Seeking full-time Substance Abuse Counselor position for an outpatient opioid treatment facility located in Shallotte, NC. Must effectively communicate with patients and staff, maintain patient ...... Apply Now>>
34 Substance Abuse Counselor Cleveland, OH, USA We are seeking a Substance Abuse Counselor to join our team! You will be responsible for implementing effective treatment plans to clients in an individual or group setting. Responsibilities... Apply Now>>
35 Substance Abuse Counselor Columbus, WI, USA Clinicians with experience and interest in clinical supervision of others working with substance abuse clients will be given special consideration. Wisconsin licensure eligibility is required. Send ...... Apply Now>>
36 Substance Abuse Services Therapist Quincy, IL, USA SUBSTANCE ABUSE Services Therapist New position providing substance abuse assessment and treatment using Integrated Dual Diagnosis Treatment approach. Requires MA degree, LCSW or LCPC, valid driver ...... Apply Now>>
37 Case Manager - Substance Abuse Sellersville, PA, USA Arranges both substance abuse and mental health aftercare appointments in locations convenient to the person's served home and in line with their funding. * Works with persons served and their ...... Apply Now>>
38 Substance Abuse Counselor Harrisonburg, VA, USA I currently have a great opportunity for a Substance Abuse Counselor full-time with our clinic in Harrisonburg, VA. Job Duties: (include but are not limited to): * Work with patient to complete all ...... Apply Now>>
39 Clinical Substance Abuse Counselor D.) with substance abuse/addictions counseling experience to develop a substance abuse program providing outpatient individual and group therapy for our growing Dover, OH group practice. The ...... Apply Now>>
40 LVN Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Murrieta, CA, USA Job Summary Provides nursing care to chemically dependent patients in Detox, Residential and Out Patient programs by performing routine and special procedures, observing patient conditions, assisting ...... Apply Now>>